OMG never thought I would see this day!

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
I have been blessed with hitting my goal, and now still am going for 5 more. I feel great, look great and have enjoyed amazing support from everyone here on MFP. However, after finishing my tri a tri and getting into that bikini, I didn't think anything could shocked me, but I was !

I recently went shopping at Campus Crew (Canadian store) and wanted to buy a pair of white shorts. I was already in shock originally when last month I went there and bought shorts in a size 4, but this time when I tried on the 4 they were a little loose. Knowing they would stretch out a bit I had to ask for a size 2!!! a friggen 2!!! When I asked the guy I thought he would laugh at me, because never in my mind did I ever think I could fit these legs into a 2. Well I did fit in them, a little snug but after wearing a few times, now stretched a bit and fit perfect.

I am so confused because when I look in the mirror I still don't see a 2, or a 4, or a 6 ! I
When I shop I always grab a size WAY too big for me b/c I still can't get it through my head that I am small now lol.

I used to think that girls that wear size 2 were skinny anorexic models, but I am a fit and healthy person so if I can do it anyone can!!

ps- I'm not a 2 at any other store, and some stores I still wear an 8 or 9, but I think I will be shopping at campus crew more often for an ego boost lol

Replies

• nickkehagias
    Options
    Great is an understatement. You look amazing!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :happy: I would check the measurements and see which one is a true "2" or "8" or whatever.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Congratulations... I think i would shop there more often too, lol. You are an inspiration to those who have a way to go to get to our goals.
  • bonniejoy
    bonniejoy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! How long did it take you to lose 42 lbs? I am really getting frustrated! I have been running 2 mile a day and have not lost 1 lb.... oh well, i just have to keep trying : )

You look Great!
  • atynk
    Options
    Awesome!!! How long did it take you to lose 42 lbs? I am really getting frustrated! I have been running 2 mile a day and have not lost 1 lb.... oh well, i just have to keep trying : )

You look Great!

Tks so much,
    It took me like 8 months to lose 40 lbs and now even longer to lose that last 5 lol... Do you do any weight training?? I find that makes the biggest difference in weight loss. It probably would have taken me double the time to lose it if I had not.
  • atynk
    Options
    That's awesome! :happy: I would check the measurements and see which one is a true "2" or "8" or whatever.

where do i find this measurement thing that will tell me what size I am??
  • Fiskmama
    Fiskmama Posts: 15
    Options
    5'9" and size 2?! That is crazy! I'm 5'9" and I don't remember EVER wearing a size two. I think I would be the same as you in not believing that I fit into such a small size! WTG! You are in inspiration that one can be tall AND skinny too! :)
  • TJ39
    TJ39 Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow congrats. i have just strarted here and its so nice to read your loss.. well done, OMG i am crying lol tc x
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    5'9" and size 2?! That is crazy! I'm 5'9" and I don't remember EVER wearing a size two. I think I would be the same as you in not believing that I fit into such a small size! WTG! You are in inspiration that one can be tall AND skinny too! :)

This gives me hope. I'm 5'9 too and I thought the lowest I could ever get would be like an 8. Congrats!!!
  • eliaison
    eliaison Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's such a great success story! I know, Abercrombie and a few stores like that do "vanity sizing" - At my largest, I had to buy a pair of Abercrombie jeans in a 6. But remember, that's really a 10. So this is both a good thing and a bad thing. We feel good when we fit a really small number, but when its vanity sizing, that also contributes to women having poor self image and poor sense of what is right- because they think a "2" is what they should aim for... when a 2 is really a 6... and 6 is really "healthy" (for most women, unless very petite, a real 2 is inappropriate). Double-edged sword, eh? But the great news is that you look awesome and feel fantastic, in a slender size that is gorgeous and healthy, not anorexic! I can't wait to get there, too!!!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! What an accomplishment! I was feeling so "slumping" today and you have completely re-energized me to get to the gym and make that difference for myself. THANK YOU!!!!
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    To the OP: Congrats :) You must be very proud of yourself!!!

You look Great!

Mix up your cardio. While running is a good work out, 2 miles is really not enough. I assume it takes you around 20/25 minutes for the 2 miles? In those 20 minutes you only burn glucose. After 20 minutes of running (and keeping you heart rate up) you start burning fat calories.
    So try to exercise for a good 40 minutes, and mix it up. Running, biking, swimming etc.

Good luck :)

P.S. also your diet is very important of course. Try to eat chicken and fish with vegetables, salads, etc.
  • eliaison
    eliaison Posts: 34 Member
    Options

This gives me hope. I'm 5'9 too and I thought the lowest I could ever get would be like an 8. Congrats!!!

Be careful! This is "vanity sizing" we're talking about-- which some stores use. What she means is really a size 6. I'm 5'9 also. I used to model, and I wore a (real) size 4... so its possible, but i looked skinny and had no boobs and never got my period. a "real" size 6 for 5'9" is healthy and very slim. that's what i'm aiming for now!
  • atynk
    Options
    That's such a great success story! I know, Abercrombie and a few stores like that do "vanity sizing" - At my largest, I had to buy a pair of Abercrombie jeans in a 6. But remember, that's really a 10. So this is both a good thing and a bad thing. We feel good when we fit a really small number, but when its vanity sizing, that also contributes to women having poor self image and poor sense of what is right- because they think a "2" is what they should aim for... when a 2 is really a 6... and 6 is really "healthy" (for most women, unless very petite, a real 2 is inappropriate). Double-edged sword, eh? But the great news is that you look awesome and feel fantastic, in a slender size that is gorgeous and healthy, not anorexic! I can't wait to get there, too!!!

I totally understand that this store sizes run really big, and by no means was it my goal to fit into a 2 ever. I was happy with an 8 lol... but its just the fact that for the first time in my entire life (even in high school when I was skinny) I could actually ask for a 2 lol !! I have no problem going shopping tomorrow and having to ask for a 8, but I still get to have this silly happy feeling that for one time, in one pair of shorts I am a 2 lol... and coming from a 12/14 just shocks the heck out of me !

U can all do it --- maybe seeing that 2 is not what you want, but maybe shopping in regular stores, or fitting on rides, or running that mile. Just remember it takes time, patience, and hard work. And even then when you get there, you have to work hard to keep there !
  • fabandfitmama
    Options
    Great job!!!!!! So proud!
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    OMG good job, you look amazing! I did this the other day I went into Macy's and I have always been a size 10 but all of my clothes have become so loose on me so i had to do a little shopping. I tried on a 10 first, way too big, then and 8 still a little loose then I laughed when i grabbed the 6 thinking, no way in hell. Fit me perfectly! I was so shocked I couldn't buy them I thought I was going crazy or it was just the brand so I left, lol. I hope to look as good as you do in a two piece one day!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You look fantstic! Thank you for shareing your story! You are rockin' that bikini!
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options

Be careful! This is "vanity sizing" we're talking about-- which some stores use. What she means is really a size 6. I'm 5'9 also. I used to model, and I wore a (real) size 4... so its possible, but i looked skinny and had no boobs and never got my period. a "real" size 6 for 5'9" is healthy and very slim. that's what i'm aiming for now!

If you have a larger frame that might be true but I have no idea what my frame is so I may look healthy at a size 4. There's lots of people out there (celebrities, friends, etc) that are my height and are 2s and 4s and they look great. If I get to a size 6 or 8 and I don't need to lose more weight then I won't but if I can still lose more and be healthy then I will. It all depends on the person. If I look better at a 6 than I do at a 2 than that's what's best for me but I don't know what size I look best at yet.
  • chelseap891
    Options
    That's awesome! I've always been a 1-2-3 size girl. Now I'm in a 4...Trying to get back down to a 1-2. BUT, I don't have much to lose..it's taking forever! How long did it take you? What's your secrets? :lol I do some serious cardio/toning for an hour a day, and eat very clean and healthy.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You must have a lot of muscle mass being 150lbs and such a small size. I’m 5’8 according to my wrist size small frame and just can’t get below the size 5/7 mark even when I was 130 (currently 138 and still wearing 5/7 Canadian sizes). It’s nice to know a 2-4 is possible without removing some bones, ha ha!

I never really went into Campus Crew when I was in school (I've only found their locations in Guelph, Waterloo, Western... conveniently near major campuses, lol! Since I thought it was all sweat pants and such, guess I should have! I think Yorkdale may have a store, it would be interesting to get a second option on the so-called vanity sizes people are worried about. Traditionally vanity sizing comes into play in high-end stores b/c the product is made better it fits better. Campus Crew doesn't fall into that category but again, congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!