Anyone Else?...Under Calories but in the RED on macros?

Options
So I noticed that I am under calories alot but at first it was becoming a problem with me being in the red on sodium..Now it is carbs and sugar..It is like no matter what I do something is in the red and it is sooo frustrating..I know that things are not going to be perfect but it's hard enough trying to be under and then others things are in the red..Anyone else have this problem quite a bit? Mines are set to 40, 30, 30 & that is what I feel is good for me.

Replies

• Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!! Bump!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    it's hard to make suggestions without seeing your diary.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    It is soooo frustrating and stressful..I see I have one that understands what I mean....
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    I understand...My diary has always been closed because I have noticed alot of my friends who have theirs open get alot of negative comments on their pages and that I do not want to deal with..I am not going to always have a good day and I dnt need people to point that out to me and make it like it is the worst thing in the world..Like I said, I normally do pretty good because I am under calorie wise but now carbs & sugar are over all the time.
    it's hard to make suggestions without seeing your diary.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's actually possible, unless you really tweak your numbers, or just eat a ton of veggies, not to be in the red for macros.

I'm always way in the red on protein (because I'm too lazy to change every setting back every time I recalculate my goal) and in sugar. I try to stay under in fat and carb (I'm always way under in carbs). Basically I guess if I still have calories and I'm hungry, depending on where my macros are, I'll try and eat something appropriate, but it often messes up another macro in the process... so I don't sweat it too much. I just avoid too much fat because I have a sensitive stomach.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Are you looking at the nutrients before you make a decision about eating the meal? Getting macros right takes a bit of practice and prep, but in time you'll start to 'know' what to pick. I can throw a meal together without much thought now and know it'll be somewhere around 40/30/30.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm always red on protein
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    So I noticed that I am under calories alot but at first it was becoming a problem with me being in the red on sodium..Now it is carbs and sugar..It is like no matter what I do something is in the red and it is sooo frustrating..I know that things are not going to be perfect but it's hard enough trying to be under and then others things are in the red..Anyone else have this problem quite a bit? Mines are set to 40, 30, 30 & that is what I feel is good for me.

Use your diary as a planner rather than a tracker.

log you meals the night before, so that you can tweak your day and adjust the meals/snacks to get closer to your goals.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I only care about the total calories and protein. The other things tend take care of themselves if I get those two correct. Every other category can go in the red every single day for all I care.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I only care about the total calories and protein. The other things tend take care of themselves if I get those two correct. Every other category can go in the red every single day for all I care.

That's me too.

I aim for 40/30/30 but don't stress about it if I'm in a decent deficit and not hungry.
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    I thought being over on protein was ok but that it wasn't ok to be over on sodium, sugar, fat and carbs...Am I wrong??..But it is almost impossible to be under on everything..Hard enough being under on calories & I am making good choices like fruit, nuts, whey protein, egg etc..yea I am not always a perfect eater but even when I am I am still in the red....!!!
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    Even when I do as you suggested I still go over :(

Use your diary as a planner rather than a tracker.

log you meals the night before, so that you can tweak your day and adjust the meals/snacks to get closer to your goals.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I've had times when I'm way over in calories yet green on macros.

Dat dere Smirnov...
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I am in the red for sugar almost every single day, but i chalk that up to eating fruit throughout the day for the most part. I wouldn't stress too much!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I never paid much attention to the other stuff just calories...and carbs occasionally.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    You've gotten all the answers that will help you solve this. Now it's up to you to practice and learn - like we all did. Unless you study your Food Diary on a regular basis, you aren't going to magically stumble on the combo.

Really, just worry about getting enough protein, staying within your calories, and let the rest fall where it falls. You're fine.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I thought being over on protein was ok but that it wasn't ok to be over on sodium, sugar, fat and carbs...Am I wrong??..But it is almost impossible to be under on everything..Hard enough being under on calories & I am making good choices like fruit, nuts, whey protein, egg etc..yea I am not always a perfect eater but even when I am I am still in the red....!!!

The only one of those that will affect weight loss is calories. The only one that will affect lean mass is protein.

Even if you're concerned about other health issues, you'll find that your cholesterol and BP will improve merely by losing weight
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    Right!!! lol..Me 2!! :)

Dat dere Smirnov...
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    Ty sooo much for the info..I needed to know this!! I do have high blood pressure that I am on meds for and it is getting better and better :)

The only one of those that will affect weight loss is calories. The only one that will affect lean mass is protein.

Even if you're concerned about other health issues, you'll find that your cholesterol and BP will improve merely by losing weight
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Right!!! lol..Me 2!! :)

Dat dere Smirnov...

don't forget that your body doesn't work on a 24-hour cycle. you may log on that cycle, but your body doesn't really know or care if your macros are obtained over a 12 hour period, a 24 hour period, or a 30 hour period.

the daily logging helps you stay on track, but keep an eye on your weekly averages to better gauge your success in hitting your macro goals.