April Walking Challenge

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but its nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking April 1st

Replies

• PrayerMiracle
    Options
    AWESOME !!! I'll post my daily minutes or distances. :)
  • Kyledrums
    Kyledrums Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a big fan of walking as of this year. I've always liked a stroll somewhere pretty but since eating properly and walking the lbs have been falling off. I'm currently walking just over 5k every other day and loving it. (you would have never heard me say that a few years ago)

I can't say I'm going to start walking every day but I'll been keeping up the walking

Kyle
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! This month I want to walk 120 miles!!! Sounds like a lot but I normally walk 5 miles a day just at work. February I shorted myself and realized how much walking I do!!!
    We can do this!!! I will be keeping track on my exercise notes daily.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!!!!
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started walking during my lunch hour the last couple weeks & I also use the treadmill at the gym.
  • Kathy647
    Kathy647 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Go for it!

I started my journey by walking 3 miles a day. I no longer need to walk but still walk 4 to 5 miles a day with a 50 lb vest on.

I don't even see it as exercise anymore. It's more therapeutic to me than anything.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing a 50 miles in April but using a combination of walking/jogging/cycling. I know the majority of the 50 miles will be walking, so I'll put myself down for 30 miles.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sure! I like to walk and hike. Now that the weather is warming I actually can walk out side more. I'll start with a goal of 36 miles and adjust from there.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :D
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Im in! I hike alot. Not everyday, but several times a week. Also my YMCA routine consists of walking to warm up.
  • woolygrandma123
    woolygrandma123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will join in too.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Jeri in Calgary
  • dawsonlee12
    dawsonlee12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in! I just need to go back to March and see what the challenge is.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I am in! The bulk of what I do is walking . Cool!
  • slimgurl13
    Options
    count me in!!
  • sherrydev
    sherrydev Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in...the weather is starting to get nicer for walking. I also walk on the treadmill at the gym!
  • cindypalm1
    Options
    I'm in :smile:
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Love this
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 180 miles and 300,000 steps during April!!