Just wanted to introduce myself.

Options
Hello All,

My name is Janice. I am going to be 46 on the 14th of this month. I live in Ridgecrest, CA, at least tell next summer. My husband is active duty Navy. We have been in the Navy for 6 years now. We have been married for 25 years, we have a son that just turned 18, and a daughter that is 10. Ridgecrest, Ca. is located in the Mojave Desert.

About a year ago on the 3rd of April, I had major back surgery to have my S1 and L5 fussed together. In the last 6 months I have been getting back to walking and plan to start becoming a runner this summer. So, far I have a 1/2 marathon scheduled to walk in May and another half marathon to walk in June.

This group sounds like a great group to be involved with. My weakness is motivation and I think this group would work great for me. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and making new friends.

If anyone has time, could you let me know what is required of me to stay in this group and how I go about doing it besides walking the miles. I don't want to miss out on anything you wonderful ladies have in store. Thank you for all your help.

Janice

Replies

• BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing is required of you to stay with MFP. You can choose to be as involved as you want to. Some people simply use the motivation of ther friends to stimulate their motivation to be fitter and eat better. Other people fully immerse themselves in the community boards and use the social aspect to learn, although there are always the odd troll out there.... Others go it alone.
    Personally I've tried all 3.
    I used MFP initially to lose 28 lbs and was able to run 10km when previously I cold only run about 100yds. Then I got ill and all physical activity became painful. I'm recovering now and am experimenting with gardening, walking and the elliptical trainer.
    If you would like to connect, I'll send over a friends request.