Not a Cheerleader anymore!!!

Options
So today my dad brings me a box of stuff from high school, which was 16 years ago!!! So i was going through it and found my old cheerleading skirts. I just wanted to really "see" how much different I was now. I put on the skirt and was able to button it and zip it buy it was around my waist not my hips!!!! OMG I HAVE REALLY GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT SINCE HIGH SCHOOL!!! Luckily before I could cry about it, my wonderful 2 year old son said, "oh pretty mommy!"

Anyhow now I have my new MOTIVATION!!! I will get back in that skirt and when my son says "oh pretty mommy!" I too will feel pretty!!! I have a ways to go, but I can do it.

Replies

• knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I hear you. But remember, you're a WOMAN now and not a girl! And you're a mother. Don't set yourself up for failure by having unreasonable expectations of looking like you're sixteen. Get yourself to a HEALTHY weight (if you aren't there now), and don't let society's stupid images make you think you should look like an adolescent forever!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it!
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! I love how God brings the love of our families to touch us right where we need!

My goal is my high school weight. I don't know if I can reach it. But there is no harm in trying. It's a HEALTHY weight for my height. I can change my lifestyle and eating patterns to accommodate my weight. I CAN be healthy. I would like to reach my goal, but close to it is healthy too!

Don't be discouraged! I put on my old cheerleading skirt around the same time after high school you did. It was also a motivator! USE IT! Girl, you're going to do GREAT!
  • fromPuertoRico
    Options
    Totally agree.

In addition, the healthy weight is not necessarily what tables show us; some people "must" weight 130 pounds (for example) because their height is 5'6'' but they don't look well.

Go ahead and start this journey =) but be conscious
    I hear you. But remember, you're a WOMAN now and not a girl! And you're a mother. Don't set yourself up for failure by having unreasonable expectations of looking like you're sixteen. Get yourself to a HEALTHY weight (if you aren't there now), and don't let society's stupid images make you think you should look like an adolescent forever!
  • theatremack
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Even if I was to get back to my high school weight I'm still overweight. That is what is frustrating - I was the BIGGER cheerleader. So I do just want to be healthy, but it sure would be nice to in the "normal weight" for my size, even at the top end. I want to be able to look at a picture of myself and not think twice about how I look in it, just know what a great memory it was and that I was healthy and happy.

So the cheerleading skirt makes me think too about how many years I've been overweight and how will it ever change????