i'm back up to my starting weight :(

Options
i seriously need help.
i go away on sunday, i'd lost two pounds since joining here and was already looking and feeling better.
but now it's all back on.
and i'm not happy.
i need help, i wanna try and at least lose the 2 pounds again to go away. or even just one!!!!

how can i do it. i'm excerising, but i hurt my back the other day and that's set me back a bit.
can anyone give me any simple food ideas too?
i need healthy, filling food, with low fat. and i need to lose weight. i just can't stay at this weight now.

Replies

• kjwasmund
    kjwasmund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    2 pounds isn't too much to worry about- many people fluctuate up to 3or 4 pounds in a week.

If you want healthy, filling food, try loading half of your plate with veggies at each meal and make each of your snacks some sort of fruit or protein.

Good luck1
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    how often should i weight myself too?
    and when?
    first thing in the morning ?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    The most common weighing frequency I've seen (and what I do myself) is once a week. You want to weight yourself at the same time of the day when you do it. I weight myself officially once a week, as soon as I've woken up (on Mondays). Occasionally I'll step on the scale other times, but I don't log it here except on my official weigh-ins. Don't worry too much over a few pounds - Seriouslly I'll go up/down 3 to 4 pound overnights occasionally. Usually I weigh less in the mornings than at night.
  • Fiskmama
    Fiskmama Posts: 15
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week first thing in the morning. Usually what I do is get up and pee and then weigh naked. If you are kind of obessed with the scale (as I tend to be), put it away between weekly weigh ins so you are tempted to jump on "just to see". A post-pee am weight is your most accurate weight.

Don't give up, you can do this!
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Dont worry!! Also dont get caught up with weighing yourself everyday. It will torture you...Your body goes through ups and downs with water gain and your monthly bloat :). These things you cant help. Try to just weigh yourself once a week, early in the am on the same day. In my experience if I stay on track my weight will fluctuate a pound or two during the week, but by the next week Im back to where I started. Dont get discouraged, keep moving forward...
  • KikiG1991
    KikiG1991 Posts: 27
    Options
    I always weigh first thing in the morning. Every time we wake up, it is like a new slate, that is our starting weight ^_^ I also weigh myself every Sunday morning, since that is the first day I started diet/exercise/etc. I always weigh before I eat breakfast.
  • TammySimon
    Options
    Last Friday I was at 123, we went to the camp for the weekend. We stayed busy fishing and swimming, scooter riding. I ate my meals didn't snack, had a few beers. Now I'm back @ my starting weight. I agree it sucks. I'm back on track for the week but we are going out of town for the 4th. I was hoping by then, 4 weeks of exercise and dieting I would have been down 3 pounds not back where I started. I would like some advice also!
  • burtam
    burtam Posts: 42
    Options
    Eat fish for 2 meals a day for the next 2 days... Only fish and steamed asparagus, broccoli, spinach, salad and absolutely no carbs!
    Fish is very low calorie - high protein.... If it requires you to open a box or package - skip it! :)

I am at a major plateau right now and this normally kicks me in gear but - this time is different. I have been logging 4-6 miles a day and I have finally come to the realization that mine is muscle.... I work out - A LOT!

I swear by fish.... mahi mahi, albacore, cod, tilapia, really any white fish.... Throw some cajun seasoning or teriyaki sauce on it, grill it and yum!!

Hope this helps! It does me (usually!)...