Training for my first Marathon.... need friends!

Options
Anyone else training for a Marathon around Sept 22nd?...... I have never even done a half marathon but I am already able to run 12 miles so I figured I could do a 20 week training program...

I would love more friends who like to run, novice and experts, to help me stay motivated and give some advice

Please add me :)

Steph

Replies

• stephurban
    stephurban Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised.... Noone?
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second one at the end of October :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I started running 2years ago (could't run across the street at that time). Ran 3 - 1/2's last year and 1 this year in Feb. I'm training right now for my first full on Father's day this June. It's definitely gonna take commitment and work but success is only 26.2 miles away. You can add me if you'd like.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    My mom and i are going to do one for her 50th birthday but thats 2 years from now we are both just starting but feel free to add if you want i can do 5-6 miles without walking but its a start
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have run 2 halfs last year and want to run a few scheduled this year. If I can get this IT band issues under control, I may try for a full in Nov. Feel free to add me!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Novice here.
    Run 5k+ in mornings on week days and up to 15k on Sat & Sun.
    I'd love to run half marathon this year..
  • 66beccianne
    Options
    I joined a running club about 3 years ago and before that would have never dreamed of calling myself a runner. I follow the Jeff Galloway training with walk breaks and have completed 3 half marathons and 1 full marathon. Looking forward to 2 more half marathons in May. Running a half or the full 26.2 race is such a great feeling of accomplishment and always so much fun to meet new people with the same interests. Set your goal and put in the miles and you will succeed!
  • Smurftastic
    Smurftastic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first Half Marathon in June. Feel free to add me :)
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first 5K in June....starting Couch2 5K on Tuesday!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm doing my first half marathon in July and definitely would love some more friends who run!!
    Any others here who love to run whatever distance can add me too.
  • mmkaml
    mmkaml Posts: 2
    Options
    I am training for my 1st half in May....hope I finish (that is my goal!). Plexus will help me!

Mary
    http://danao.myplexusproducts.com
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first 5K in June....starting Couch2 5K on Tuesday!

^^^ This!!! But mine are in May ... doing two of them one weekend after another and wanting to start my couch2 5k tonight! :)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple of marathons this year, feel free to add me. Good luck with your training.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    add me did my first 5k in feb and first 10k In March would love to start training to get up to a half not sure how my running will go when the weather gets to hot out here though.
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half marathon on August 24th.
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I ran my first marathon Jan 15 2012. I trained long and hard! I'm not a real fast runner, and @62 I completed it in 7 hrs. I have run 3 H marathons prior to the full! The training is most important. Interval training is as equally important! Good luck as you continue to train. You Can Do This!:smile: