How old is too old for mother in bathroom with child ?

Options
2»

Replies

• pepgab
    pepgab Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 and I still go with her (she goes in her own stall but I am in the bathroom.) My son is 10 and he goes into the men's bathroom alone (since about 8?) but I usually wait right outside depending on the place, you never know if a creeper is in there and if I hear scream or anything, I would have no problem barging right in.

I agree about the creepers. I have a 7 yr old boy. Depends on were I'm at if he goes in the men's room or with me into the ladies room.
  • ClassicStyles
    Options
    With my daughter, I always, always went with her. I still go with her and she's 24. Now we do the girltalk in the bathroom, adjust makeup and chat about the day. Seriously, unless she told me otherwise - I was always with her. She started to go to the restroom on her own, in a public restroom, maybe at 10 or 12.

My son is now 14. If he was with me out while shopping.. I didn't care - he was with me - I would never ever let him go alone. I guess when he turned about 10 - 12 is when he started going into the men's room alone. I have been very fortunate, his father has always been with us - most always. If there was ever any question - I would take him with me.

Its a sad sad world out there with perverts in every corner hiding to get your children. Why risk it? I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to my children because I was embarrassed or too afraid to break the rules... my kids safety.. #1 above all.

Theresa