Ideas on how to get rid of my belly?

Options
Ok folks I need some ideas on how to get rid of my belly. I'm starting to drop pounds and now I want to tighten up my belly. any ideas will be great. Thank you.

Replies

• tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    The ab wheel is a very simple way to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI66OJguLSI

:)
  • dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks Tony. will have to buy one and get started.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Reduce overall body fat and your stomach will shrink.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    blogilates on youtube

www.youtube.com/blogilates
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

this as well. You can work the muscles all you want, but you need to burn the fat off of the surface before anything shows.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. For the most part I think fat comes off in the reverse order it came on. If your belly was the first thing getting bigger then for the most part it's the last thing that loses the fat to an extent.
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Have now moved on from an ab wheel to a kettlebell workout to try and shift mine.
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    staying in a deficit
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Do the 30 Day shred by Jillian Michals, 3 levels and you can find all of them on youtube. Many men from mfp have done it. It seems to have great results for tummies and waists.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Diet and time. All the ab exercises in the world cannot remove the cover over the ab's. Ab exercises will help develop the abdominals, but only proper nutrition will reveal them.
  • kwilliam2
    kwilliam2 Posts: 35
    Options
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options

lol, I'm staring and I see it, I see my 1% BF xD
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You can work the muscles all you want, but you need to burn the fat off of the surface before anything shows.

This isn't always true though - world strong men for instance is an anomaly because some of the competitors have extremely high levels of BF yet they have guns with veins showing ....

I think to make this statement more accurate would be to add a context whereby this principle is correct to some to most people - really depends on the person and how they are naturally built. *Sorry for being anal about this* :angry:
  • angless21
    angless21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Am allmost 26 and having a hard time losing weigh. I weight 225 pounds, wiast is 49 1/2 inches. Can someone help me lose wiegh. I long in everyday.
  • grapegorilla13
    grapegorilla13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Am allmost 26 and having a hard time losing weigh. I weight 225 pounds, wiast is 49 1/2 inches. Can someone help me lose wiegh. I long in everyday.

This guy's post helped me get the ball rolling.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I will try some of them and see if they work.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You can also try Insanity :noway:
  • Mikemax125
    Mikemax125 Posts: 108
    Options
    Start putting 100% into diet, and 100% into training wether that be cardio or weights or both. Figure out the best macros for your goals and always stay in a deficit, but never too much of a deficit. Also never mix high fats with high carbs pick one or the other I find low carbs high fat works for me but everyone is different. Increase water intake and you could also looking into a Thermogenic fat burner they make stimulant free ones if you are stimulant sensitive. Vitamins like CLA Tonalin, Green tea extract, and L-Carnitine are also great supplements if you have the funds available. Good Luck!!