Today is the first day of the rest of my life.....

silentpassion04
silentpassion04 Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Karrena, I was laying in bed today feeling sorry for myself because we are going on a week and a half of hubby being gone to Afghanistan... Come on now... We are going on 10 1/2 years of marriage, like I haven't done this time and time again! So my 11 year old comes in the room and hands me my favorite White Chocolate Soy Mocha and a Maple bar. I said oh thank you baby, and proceeded to eat the doughnut and drink the mocha, then I thought to myself I wonder how many calories these are together... So I went online and filled out for this website and to think, for breakfast I ate over half of what my caloric intake should be for one day... over half in less then 5 min. No wonder I am sluggish and have no energy!!! I want to lose weight and keep it off. I want to look as beautiful as my husband makes me feel. I have 12 months to work off all this weight that I have put on over 20 years! I am on a mission to show "MY SELF" as well as everyone else that I am not a failure!! I have tried just about every gimick that is out there, I have to say sensa did help but it is to expensive for my budget, and I have either given up or just plain quit... WELL NO MORE!!! I deserve to be health and my kids and husband deserve a mother and wife who is more energetic and can play and do the activities that we enjoyed as a family.. So here it goes DAY 1... I can do all things through Christ my savior!!! AMEN!!

Replies

• kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Welcome and congrats on starting the new you!!!
  • thank you so very much!!! I am truly excited!!
  • LuvNCarol
    LuvNCarol Posts: 6 Member
    This is the perfect place to be. The support, motivation and tools are awesome!!!!!! Request me as a friend and we will do it together.

Carol
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Everyone here is in the same boat. We want to weigh less than we do today. If you let us, we will be your cheerleaders, your shoulder tocry on and most important your accountability partner. Spend as much time as you can looking through the community links and find people who you feel a connection with and request their friend.
    This is a longterm process with many turns and twists as we together learn a new way to live and eat. You can do this, because if you eat less than you burn you will lose. One of the great things I like about this site is for the times when losing is sooo slow and you just want to give up. Then you get on here and start reading how many others are facing the same challenges and you know that you are not alone and you too can have success.
    Good luck and will keep your and your family in my prayers. Please tell your hero husband that I say thank you from PA for going to protect me and all those I love. Also, thank you for being the one whose husband misses all the important events in your life while he is gone. My daughter is getting married in August and her husband will also be full time military by September.
    linda
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Everyone here is in the same boat. We want to weigh less than we do today. If you let us, we will be your cheerleaders, your shoulder tocry on and most important your accountability partner. Spend as much time as you can looking through the community links and find people who you feel a connection with and request their friend.
    This is a longterm process with many turns and twists as we together learn a new way to live and eat. You can do this, because if you eat less than you burn you will lose. One of the great things I like about this site is for the times when losing is sooo slow and you just want to give up. Then you get on here and start reading how many others are facing the same challenges and you know that you are not alone and you too can have success.
    Good luck and will keep your and your family in my prayers. Please tell your hero husband that I say thank you from PA for going to protect me and all those I love. Also, thank you for being the one whose husband misses all the important events in your life while he is gone. My daughter is getting married in August and her husband will also be full time military by September.
    linda
  • We are pretty much on the same path as I just started today as well. I do not have a husband in Afghanistan but have been married for almost 10 years and my husband thinks I am so great looking but I so do not and know the real truth behind all the flab. I would love to go on this journey with you. Request me as a friend and we will do this together and share tips on how to do it.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    I have never felt more compelled to write back on this board, so here we go. Your story hit home for me, I was in the same boat. As soon as you start to look up the nutritional values of some of the foods you eat, it shocks you. I have to say you made a good choice with this site. Having the iphone helps a lot also, because you can see your daily intake any time you want. Please hang in there, you can do this.
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Me too, girl. Me too. I'm new also and feel so much the way you do. And I don't think I could have said it any better..."I want to look as beautiful as my husband makes me feel." And what a verse to start out this journey with! He is more than able to give us the strength we need day in and day out to be successful and honor Him with the bodies He gave us! Good luck and hang in there! Feel free to friend me and we can support each other!
  • thank you very much and I will add you... who better to encourage then someone who knows your pain...lol, its fun to get congrats from friends but it is amazing to hear it from someone who really knows what your going through and can relate!! And yes, I am counting on him to take the daily temptation from me and help me to push away and say NO... Something I havent said in a very long while!! I was trying every diet that I could continue to eat what I wanted..lol Then I went to the doctors to talk about a gastric bypass and they told me no which I think was the best thing they could have done for me, I dont want a cop out and an easy way out.. I want to feel proud and say "I DID IT!!!!!!!", ME NOBODY ELSE, NO SURGERY, NO PILLS, NO NOTHING BUT BELIEF AND SELF CONTROL!!! Hope to talk to you soon..
    Karrena
  • Welcome and good luck to you!!!

This is such a great place for support. Especially on those days when you feel like you just can't do it anymore
This discussion has been closed.