PLEASE HELP! I'm stuck. Need advice on fitness!

Options
I posted something about a week ago but now I'm posting a picture for everyone so they can see what I'm talking about. So I'm going to copy everything I posted a week ago...

A little background on my story. I've lost 60 lbs and have kept it off for 2 years and have been at my current weight and maintained it since July. Which is great don't get me wrong! But I want to lose another 15-20 lbs and then also tone up and gain some muscle. The 60 lbs that I have lost was all done by diet alone, no exercise. Now granted I've exercised here and there doing a workout video or I've gone to the gym with my girlfriends but no actual routine. I don't have a gym membership but I have a treadmill at home and lots of workout video's at home. I'm hoping to get the clear from my Dr this week that I can start working out next Monday (Doing the 30DS), I had surgery 2 weeks ago and am still recovering. I am stuck at this weight of 138-142 for months now and can't get past it. I know I need to start working out. But do you think working out will help this 8 month plateau that I've been on or is my body just stuck at this weight? And yes I want the scale to go down along with losing inches in my inner thighs and my hips and to get some abs! I need some help! I know eating right isn't cutting it anymore and I NEED to do something else extra. Thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!!!

UPDATE: My Dr found endometriosis and had to burn it off however I'm still in a lot of pain 2 weeks post surgery so I MAY have to have surgery again, were just waiting out time to see if this works. If I do, I will have to just have my uterus removed because that's where all of the endo was found. So I need to do low impact things in order of working out. Okay! I can't believe I'm about to do this. BUT I just got in my bathing suit I ordered and the bottoms are snug but they fit enough that if I work on it they should be okay. Give opinions please. BUT really. I'm posting this picture because I want suggestions on how do I get my legs to slim down. My hips and thigs are huge. I'm so embarrased to post this. I've always had huge legs and after losing 60 lbs they have gone done trust me. But seeing them in this picture today is just horrifying to me. So, how do I get my inner thighs to slim down and my hips? PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thank you all so much. This is all starting to depress me. Not being able to give this my all and seeing myself like this. My stomach is still a little swollen with my incisions from surgery just a few weeks ago. Here goes nothing.......

33013aftersurgery.jpg

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Can i first say: congrats on all that weight loss!! Second: I think you have a great feminine shape!

But you are not happy with it, I won't go on with that. The bad news is: you can't spot reduce. You are going to have to burn fat all over to get your legs to how you want it. Do some leg exercises, squats, lunges, wall sits and you will shape your legs as soon as the fat is burned off.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Can i first say: congrats on all that weight loss!! Second: I think you have a great feminine shape!

But you are not happy with it, I won't go on with that. The bad news is: you can't spot reduce. You are going to have to burn fat all over to get your legs to how you want it. Do some leg exercises, squats, lunges, wall sits and you will shape your legs as soon as the fat is burned off.

What she said, and also remember those last few pounds are always the hardest to lose
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    First, you look AMAZING in that pic. Absolutely amazing. There is nothing to be embarrassed about in that picture.

You've done a great job of losing weight and keeping it off.

As others have already said, you cannot reduce fat in just one area. Your body gradually removes fat cells from all over your body, so you get smaller all over, not in any one spot.

Unfortunately, if you are not careful, your body also loses a fair amount of muscle along with the fat when you are losing weight. The goal of weight lifting while losing weight is to keep the muscle you have. The other side of that is that in order to gain muscle, you will need to eat more. Again, if you are training intensely, that new body mass will be muscle. If you are not, then the new body mass will be fat. Exercise is the key.

Whether it's intense cardio, intense lifting, or some mix of the two, exercise (and enough food to fuel it) is going to get you that last few pounds that you want to lose.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Thank you very much!!!! I know I can't spot reduce I was just looking for suggestions on what I can do to slim my legs and thighs down fitness wise. Such as squats and lunges and I completely forgot about wall sits. These are some of the things I was looking for!

And Cyclink-Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate it!

And thanks everyone else for the suggestions and opinions. I really appreciate it.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :-)

The New Rules of Lifting for Women seems to be pretty popular, as does You Are Your Own Gym. I'm sure there are several other programs out there.

I spent years working on legs when I was a speedskater, but I don't think you want legs like mine!

For your goals, I'd recommend alternating cycles, maybe around two weeks long each. Two weeks of fat loss, two weeks of maintenance or muscle gain.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUMP Anyone else???
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Way to go on weight loss!!!! You're right. If things are not progrsssing, definitely time for a change.

I can't see your profile or diary, so there are a lot of variables. What is your caloric goal? How was this determined? Do you look at your macros or calories only? Do you monitor your caloric burns when you do exercise? Do you eat back your exercise calories? Most definitely LIFT! You will see great gains (actually losses) when you do this. You will gain muscle and lose body fat. More muscle increases your metabolism. I may not see a reply, but feel free to add/message me.