Help please! 1200 calorie diet not working!

Options
Hello everyone, wanting some help!
Im 18 and 172 cm.. i started at about 74 kg..
I've been on a 1200-1400 calorie diet for 7 weeks and excersising 4-6 times a week for an 1 and 1/2 each session, doing weights, cardio and yoga.

I've only lost 9 pounds! I'm feeling disheartened, any advice for what I can do?

Replies

• pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is nothing to complain about.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your question. What is the problem?
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    9 pounds in 7 weeks is not bad at all. Question: are you eating 1200 calories and also eating exercise calories back (1200 net calories) or just 1200 and that's it. If you are eating ONLY 1200 without eating exercise calories back you are eating too few calories which is counterproductive to your weight loss efforts.

You can search many threads on the forums for advice about this. The "road map" thread is especially useful if you care more about FAT loss than WEIGHT loss... which I assume is the case.

Good luck.
  • sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eating so little and exercising so much, is probably the culprit! Try boosting your calories ( It seems scary, but as MANY on MFP will attest to- it works!!) Also, you could be losing lots of inches! have you been measuring yourself? Or tracking your body fat %?

Also 9 pounds is NOTHING to be upset about! It's amazing and you should be proud!
    Also, the most important thing is, you're heading in the right direction! You're working hard, and your health has probably improved considerably!
  • FitVego
    FitVego Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice and comments!
    I just expected better results, as the planner said I should have lost about 14 pounds by now!

I eat back about half of my calories from excersise but most days don't make it over 1200 net calories..
    Do you think I should up my calories?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice and comments!
    I just expected better results, as the planner said I should have lost about 14 pounds by now!

I eat back about half of my calories from excersise but most days don't make it over 1200 net calories..
    Do you think I should up my calories?

Yes. You are eating the absolute minimum. Simply not good.
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    I suggest seeing your physician and a dietitian if you can afford it. You may have other things going on, or you are not eating enough of the right foods.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Putting the info you gave into http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ it says you could lose 1 lb a week by eating 2200 calories a day.