Easter Binge..

Options
Anyone else go on a food bender today!?

I feel awful. Sure, I thought all those cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, jelly beans, pie and cadbury eggs ....... (I could go on and on) .. sounded delicious as they sat in front of me and stared me in the face. Could I have stopped at the few slices of ham, fresh fruit, and brocolli salad (that I can never resist) ? Yes I could have stopped. But I didn't.

Feeling guilty because I haven't had a cheat day like this in a while.. Not letting it get me down, I know I didnt lose all this weight in 1 day, so 1 day won't hurt me. Back on the wagon tomorrow.

Why are holidays so hard!?! Did anyone else go into a food induced coma today?

P.S. Eating jelly beans as I type this :drinker:

Replies

• IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Food coma for the last three days. Back on track tomorrow, I have a Florida vacation in May!!! :laugh:
  • lynzbeaner
    lynzbeaner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We actually ate pretty healthy today, but my whole week was bad! I'm back on the wagon to tomorrow too.
  • sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    In the exact same boat! I ate a really healthy breakfast and lunch, knowing that I was going to let myself indulge in a little of everything around dinner. Indulge DEFINITELY turned into binge. I went for a long walk after to try and burn off some calories, but still have a stomach ache. In one way it feels good that I feel so gross after eating bad-for-you foods (as opposed to a few months ago when I wouldn't have batted an eye). But at the same time, now I KNOW better, and feel rather guilty now.

We live and learn I suppose :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Last 3-4 days have been terrible for me, I have not even counted, must have consumed about a kilo of chocolate mini eggs, at the least. Thrown the rest of my stash into the garbage and will not be buying chocolate again for sometime to come, unless it is 74% +
    Feel absolutely disgusted.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Yup..major bender.

Thought the Chocky eggs were going to get me, but in the end, it was the 5 pieces of cheesy crust meat lovers pizza that did me in.

(and the cheesy crust wasn't even that good) :grumble:
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Absolutely feeling it now. I did ok on the food today. It was the candy that got me. Regularly do not eat candy....but today I did. 717 calories in candy! DOH! Since I'm rarely in the red, I'm trying not to stress about it and just enjoy the off day =) Trying.... Craving the gym this weekend. Can't wait to get my sweat on tomorrow am!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday, there are special foods you don't have all year, and there's hopefully good family/friends and conversation involved. It's not so much a binge as a special day. Tomorrow, you'll wake up, eat some protein, go for a run (or whatever) and life will continue. If those jellybeans end up by your computer tomorrow again, that's okay too! Just let it go back to moderation again.
  • spencedurnwald
    Options
    Love these responses.. @SYN4PS3 especially yours.. Isn't it terrible when you get something awesome like cheesy pizza and it sucks!?

Throwing the rest of the jelly beans and sour gummy worms away... I can put to good use of this left over ham and fruit.. I let everyone else take home the delicious cheesy potatoes and pie.. Back at it tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoyed their bender, (guilt aside) we should all cheat occasionally!

Sweat it out tomorrow!!
    Happy Easter
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    its a holiday there are only like 4 food based holidays a year based on who you are (for me its easter, 4th of july, thanksgiving, and christmas) so live it up theres still 361 days a year to make up for it :)
  • trace1957
    trace1957 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ate healthy meals but tacked on MANY chocolate calories. The foil on the little eggs doesn't slow me down much! Putting the rest of the chocolate in the freezer where I hope it will stay until next Sunday, then I will eat ONE piece. That's the plan.
  • kazzie3179
    Options
    I made it through Easter with only eating a few things I shouldn't have ... and that wasn't chocolate. If know that if I touched chocolate it would have been all over as I wouldn't been able to stop at 1, 10 or even 20!! To get through I have put aside some chocolate eggs that I can have later ... but only after I have reached my goals. I probably should just throw it out or give it away cause it is more chocolate than I should eat!
  • FitCrystalLina
    FitCrystalLina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I myself went crazy today, I went out of town to celebrate Easter and say goodbye to my cousin before he gets back to Afgan, so lots of family and LOTS of food. :sad:

but were not giving up guys, lets stay focused and keep our eyes on the prize. The cool thing is that tomorrow is a new week and day and were gonna work hard.

While everyone was wearing their cute Easter dresses I had one as well but I had a cover up for my big arms :embarassed:
    I cant wait to lose this weight and next Easter I wont wear the cover up :wink: :blushing:
  • MermaidFromMako
    MermaidFromMako Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went into a food coma as well today! But you know what? It's Easter and it's a holiday so that's a celebration to eat :) Plus, food brings family together and most of the time it's not a big salad. Haha. We just gotta enjoy the day and consider it a celebration and not a mistake. Gonna go hard starting tomorrow!

Happy Easter Everyone :)
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Cadburys-creme-eggs-001.jpg

x 3!
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep. Has anyone else noticed tht the database has nutritional info for "Pig Out - lots of food"? Used it tonight.