Are still wearing your old/baggy clothes?

Options
124»

Replies

• fayeonherway
    Options
    I refuse to go shopping until I meet my first goal in order to motivate me to meet it. I moved from a three bedroom townhouse to a one bedroom apartment last June. I gave away 10, 30 gallon garbage bags of clothes and it included 15 pairs of jeans. The new apartment has absolutely no storage space. I realized I kept buying new clothes every year because the current ones stopped fitting.

I'm gonna learn on how to take in my clothes or get them fixed at the dry cleaners. Not much I can do about the jeans and I'm gonna be rocking the saggy bum ones for a while. I'm gonna wear a lot of dresses this summer since those would be easier to take in.

Shoes and purses...they might fill the clothing void. :laugh:
  • pinkperfume
    Options
    I have plenty of clothes that fit as I lose the weight, because I once was a size 0 - 2. And went all the way up to a size 14 or 15. Now as I go back down, I just pull out the old clothes that are in every size in between as well (my weight has been up and down many times). Plus, I am the type of girl who buys clothes a size too small saying, "this is my motivation to lose so I can wear this". Yet yrs go by and I don't lose the weight. So I still have new clothes with tags on them IF I get smaller.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Yes, I do still wear some of my old baggy clothes. I'm not done losing yet, and I don't want to go crazy buying a new wardrobe before I reach my goal.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Currently wearing a fairly new pair of size 14 skinny jeans and an XL shirt that doesn't fit too bad. A lot of my favorite t-shirts had been leaning into the "too tight to be decent" category, but now I'm finding that my nicer clothes don't quite work 50 pounds down. I keep having to throw out shirts that sag to the point of showing off my bra.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially my work shirts - I work in a department with over a hundred staff and as I've been losing weight the comments have become more frequent, which I find uncomfortable. For now, people just look at me funny and ask "are you losing weight?" lol.

Pants, definitely. My old ones are falling down. I'm between sizes at the moment which makes it annoyingly difficult to find pairs that fit well.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Sometimes for my lounge around the house clothes. My work clothes all fit like a glove, because I noticed that I sell a lot better when my clothes fit, so it's well worth the expense of keeping up with the correct size. My workout clothes all fit as well - too loose drives me nuts and distracts me from my workout.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I wore mine as long as I could and when I was replacing my wardrobe I had minimal items to help with the cost. I have lost over 10 pants sizes so it was costly. Anyways I think it depends - you will feel better in clothes that fit and flatter you for sure. I was dating (still am) thru my weight loss so I needed to feel confident and clothes play a huge role. If you know you won't wear them long - as you have lots to lose and whatever - shop sales, second hand, etc and don't have much in each size.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Sometimes for my lounge around the house clothes. My work clothes all fit like a glove, because I noticed that I sell a lot better when my clothes fit, so it's well worth the expense of keeping up with the correct size. My workout clothes all fit as well - too loose drives me nuts and distracts me from my workout.

Lol to loose workout clothes and you will spend your workout hiking them up :) well I did anyways!!!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I get rid of my baggy clothes as soon as possible. I quickly found that it makes me feel better.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeahhh, I mean shirts are like ewahtever. Some jeans and pants I can't.
  • loosesealbluth
    loosesealbluth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I replace my jeans every 25 pounds or so – I just buy another pair or two as cheap as I can (usually F21 sells them for like 15 or so bucks). I need to have my skinny jeans lol and I get really uncomfortable when they get too loose. You don't realize those 25 pounds were so significant until you put on a pair of pants a size down that actually cling (and then you get to watch those grow loose, too!).

As far as shirts go, I've kept most, if not all, of my shirts from when I started. They weren't tight when I started, but they fit sort of snug, you know? Now they're looser but a lot of them look better that way imo. I've gotten rid of a few (ones that I didn't much wear to begin with) and have tried to replace them with cheap stuff from goodwill that I know will fit me for quite a while. I'm dreading the day that my old shirts get too loose because they're so cute and I can't afford to completely revamp my wardrobe. :(

My gym shirts are the worst, though! They're all getting SUPER baggy and I feel like such a bum when I go to the gym, but I really don't want to replace them until it's absolutely necessary. Guhhhh
  • susan_skipper
    Options
    Before I lost weight none of my jeans fit me anymore, they were way too tight. I decided to donate them all and just buy bigger jeans. I packed them all up and for some reason decided to put them in the back of my closet and take them the following week. Then I heard about this site and thought maybe this could work and I started my diet. I have now pulled out my tight jeans and I am wearing them again but they are rather baggy now. I am not going to buy new ones until I have lost another 10 lbs. So I will continue to wear my baggy clothes for awhile.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Yep. Worse still, my company forked over $600 for new work clothes only 3 months ago, and i'm already down 2 sizes so their floating on me.

Going to have to replace everything myself.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just buy minimal inexpensive things as needed. I have 2 pair of jeans that I have that fit me fairly well. They cost me under 50 bucks. So when the time comes, I don't mind replacing them. T-shirts are easier to wear for a longer period of time.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious to see who does, doesn't & why,
    I'll start off, I stopped wearing pjays because I can fit into my actual pants but my shirts are still like 2x bigger than me :tongue:
    YOUR TURN!!!!!!! :happy:

No way. They looked terrible and made me look fatter than I really am.

I put them all in trash bags and threw them away. Felt good to do that especially my huge underwear. ( I didn't donate them because a good percent, probably 90%, of them were either worn out, ripped, or stained down the front the rest were just ugly and out of fashion.)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    So far I've had 2 pair of pants taken in by the tailor. That's a scary commitment- they're expensive pants! Eventually I'll get the rest of my business wardrobe done (3 more pair of pants and a skirt) because I think I've started to plateau at a decent weight.

In the meantime, I bought a pair of size 8 jeans and donated the size 12s. They just looked ridiculous on me and I had to bunch up the waistline with a belt. NIce problem to have! The funny thing is, when I wear the skinny jeans they feel tight and I think, "Oh no- these pants are tight- I must be gaining weight".
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I love things that hug me, even when I had a bit of weight on. This is me in spandex:
    292367_10150254652871829_5058523_n.jpg
    Then one day when I was wearing these I lid down on the bed and saw this:
    76379_10152490463445607_533056799_n.jpg
    And realized alright these spandex are not being very spandexy anymore.

One day a GUY came up to me and said Terri, it's time to stop wearing those pants. I had my pants folded over about 2 inches and done up with a belt haha...Once I could wear jeans inside of those jeans, I decided it was time for a new wardrobe then.
    IMG_20120408_170850.jpg
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I wore them until they looked completely silly while I was losing, but now that I am at goal, I only wear clothes that fit. And I got rid of all my bigger clothes. I did not want it to be easy for me to gain the weight back. Now if my clothes get snug I am forced to lose it because I am NOT buying bigger clothes ever again!!
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately yes. I bought a new wardrobe 4 weeks ago and it's all falling off me again. Can't afford to keep replacing to be honest, so although I hate wearing my baggy clothes I will have to put up with it for a while