New and looking for support and to support others

Options
Hi I have been using my fitness pal faithfully for a week and could benefit form peer support. My family, friends and boyfriend say I don't need to lose any weight which is not very helpful when I try and talk about my fitness goals. They are great but I would love to be more involved with people that have mutual fitness goals!

Replies

• HealthyNFit4Ever
    HealthyNFit4Ever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is great app and I have also been using it for 1 week now. It keeps you on track and helps you plan your day. I love the app so far. Hang in there.:smile:
  • Grubbmeister276
    Grubbmeister276 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it helps to have a supportive peer system. By the way, if you log on through facebook, it may pull up several of your facebook friends already on here. Nevertheless, social media and sites such as these are changing the way people address exercise; http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/does-social-media-mean-better-running
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Some people react better to the term "fat loss" rather than "weight loss", especially families if they are of the personal opinion that you don't need to lose it. I'm a great believer in people being comfy in their own skin and not what society (ie : friends and family in this case :D ) dictates, sooo if you want to lose a few pounds, then go you! :D I'm starting slowly with my fitness goals to start with as I've already suffered with a knee and hip injury a few years ago and need to focus on building my flexibility and stamina up first before i launch into the more intensive programs. However...my ultimate goal is to be able to run a 5k race, but I'm a long way off that at present. I'll send you a friend request my lovely and try and provide you with as much support and encouragement as i can! :D
  • carol2528
    Options
    Hi , My name is Carol I have been using fitness pal for two weeks now and think its great. I have also downloaded it to my phone so that I can use it when I am out. Friends are good and give you advice and encouragement. I would say to you if you think you need to lose a few pounds then do it now and don't wait until I did and now have to lose about 10 stone. So good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • oceanemma0703
    Options
    I know what you mean! I'm 5ft 10" so being 180lbs isn't fat but I am just pushing over the line for a non-healthy BMI and I want to get down much closer to the other side, The healthy range for my height is 135 to 175 pounds so I set my goal for 145lbs. But if I try to talk to my friends or boyfriend or even parents they just tell me I look fine. But I'm not happy and I know I could look trimmer and leaner and better! (Especially beach time! =D)