I am so ANGRY at my scale...

Options
I have been doing quite good. I was told as long as I kept under x amount of calories and exercised I would lose weight. It has been almost two weeks and I haven't lost a single ounce. NOT EVEN ONE. Weighed same time of day, same clothes, no TOM issues and I am not losing. I only seem to lose on low carb diets, but it always comes back. I am so angry. I have documented calories heavier then they were and not even noted the workouts I have been doing. This sucks. I have 70 lbs to lose, how do you stay motivated when nothing seems to be happening. I will measure tomorrow, but I am seriously bummed.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    I have been doing quite good. I was told as long as I kept under x amount of calories and exercised I would lose weight. It has been almost two weeks and I haven't lost a single ounce. NOT EVEN ONE. Weighed same time of day, same clothes, no TOM issues and I am not losing. I only seem to lose on low carb diets, but it always comes back. I am so angry. I have documented calories heavier then they were and not even noted the workouts I have been doing. This sucks. I have 70 lbs to lose, how do you stay motivated when nothing seems to be happening. I will measure tomorrow, but I am seriously bummed.
    So you've restarted 2 weeks ago? Lifting and calorie counting? If that's the case, it's not uncommon to lose no weight the first couple of weeks or so. In fact most of my clients who start NEW with me on a resistance training program GAIN weight the first week! Again not uncommon.

Don't live and die by the scale. It's just a tool. Here's a link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/350212--why-scales-lie?hl=why+scales+lie

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more.??!! Get ur net closer to 1200
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    It means that your body is getting used to the work outs that your doing and it needs to be challenged more.
    Talk with your fitness trainer at your gym and change up your work outs daily so that way your body doesn't have time to adjust and you can continue to burn more calories and lose more weight at a quicker pace.
    This scenario happens a lot to people.
    Don't feel bad about it.
    At least your not gaining that's a good thing at least.