Black Licorice

Options
2»

Replies

• mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I <3 black licorice. I wish I had some right now....
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have to say taste wise....absolutely NAY.....but I eat it occasionally anyway because I've found it does wonders for me in controlling appetite if I eat it in small doses. I have no idea if there is any science behind this. I just found it works for me.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yay
    Plus Sambuca and absinthe, mmmm...

I love making a simple syrup with star anise and putting it on pears, peaches, etc... Yum!
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed. I can easily polish off an entire bag to myself. For those of you you haven't tried the Australian Darrell Lea soft licorice, well, you haven't LIVED.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Go to Finland! Licorice is a staple flavor over there like chocolate and vanilla are over here. You can get licorice milkshakes at McDonald's (or Hesburger, if you can't quite bring yourself to go to Finland and eat at a McDonald's). The candy aisle will have a whole licorice section--a large store might have a whole licorice aisle. Grocery stores sell licorice syrup, which you can drizzle over your licorice ice cream. Licorice comes stuffed with chocolate and chocolate comes stuffed with licorice (Fazer Salmiakki bar...ohmigod...the first time I had one, at the first bite I was like, this is weird. second bite...hey, not bad! third bite...addicted for life). They mix it with fruit flavors, they eat it plain. Hard. Chewy. Salty. Sweet.

Honestly, it's Licorice Paradise.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    love it! :) *is finnish* <3
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Don't eat too much, it has laxative effects...
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    NAY ....

Red all the way .....
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Love it and almost never eat it. I don't need the extra sugar, carbs, or calories. :/
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yay.

Who else likes salted black licorice? YUM.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Yay or Nay?

I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: it

this makes me sad. :frown:

the correct answer is of course, Nay.

black-licorice-hate-you.jpg

I don't think this friendship is going to work out... Unless, of course, you save me all the black jelly beans...
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Love it and almost never eat it. I don't need the extra sugar, carbs, or calories. :/

A) I love it and refuse to stop eating it
    B) it is the most effective (and delicious) treatment for my chronic heartburn.
  • Wienerbua
    Wienerbua Posts: 19
    Options
    Yay. I buy from Licoriceinternational and Dutchsweets. I like the hard, salty kind. I eat 4 to 5 Zwart Wit Kogels a day, they take about 15 minutes to suck through and have a very strong, satisfying taste. It's my one indulgence and I do think the licorice helps with digestion and my adrenal glands. I would LOVE to see a Finnish licorice store. I knew some Finns awhile back and marveled at the licorice they brought me.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yay. I buy from Licoriceinternational and Dutchsweets. I like the hard, salty kind. I eat 4 to 5 Zwart Wit Kogels a day, they take about 15 minutes to suck through and have a very strong, satisfying taste. It's my one indulgence and I do think the licorice helps with digestion and my adrenal glands. I would LOVE to see a Finnish licorice store. I knew some Finns awhile back and marveled at the licorice they brought me.

Hey that Licorice International is from my hometown, Lincoln Nebraska! Great place. If you like licorice, I would highly recommend going to the Licorice International building here in downtown Lincoln.
  • Wienerbua
    Wienerbua Posts: 19
    Options
    Just placed an order from them too, never been Nebraska though, maybe some day.