Feels like there is always a reason to eat badly

Options
I allow myself one day a month to go buck wild with the food but usually I don't get to bad. and I allow myself to have something just one thing per week to ease the pressure of dieting and by George it has been working. But here is the issue there is always a reason to have cake, candy, beer, wine, etc ALWAYS seems like every time I turn around someone at work has baked a cake, brownies, a casserole... I get criticized FOR dieting... I have worked too hard for too long to slip back now. I know it is up to me whether I stay on this path of healthy eating and no one is going to stop baking treats and offering to go to Mickey dees at work... I got to stay strong and continue saying no eventually I think they will stop asking... lol

Replies

• PixieChick24
    PixieChick24 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. People criticize me too for my diet. Here's what helps me a lot of the time. First is that when someone offers me some kind of baked good that I know will sabotage all my hard work I think "I don't WANT to eat that" instead of "I CAN'T eat that." But it's ok to treat yourself once in a while. The other thing that helps me is that I try to remember all the reasons that I decided to change my eating habits and why I want to continue being healthy. Stay strong and keep going! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    It's difficult, but I've found it easier to say that I don't eat between meals and just refuse everything that's offered at work. If it's a blanket rule, then you don't offend anyone who has baked a cake! I've been dieting for ages now and they're all used to it. They'll often offer food round but not offer it to me, because they know I'd rather not be tempted!
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    for every reason to eat badly, there are 1000 reasons to not do it! But yes, I agree there is constant availability of occasions and high calorie food! Saying firm no, makes it easier to keep saying no and if you start just once, just twice break your rules - it gets really difficult and a struggle.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you truly want said item, then I say eat a piece and move on.

If you don't, then just say you know, I just ate lunch and really aren't hungry right now.. but maybe I'll eat some later.