im not losing any weight! help!

Options
HI
I'm 5' 3" and i currently weigh 140lbs my goal is 125, i started watching what i eat and exercising more since i started MFP about 3ish months ago and i haven't lost weight at allll, i started at 1600 cal a day, then 1500 and now for the last 3 weeks its been 1400, i make sure to get my protein goal everyday, i work out 3-5 times a week (cardio, situps, squats etc) and i've been adding weights to my work out about the same time i started cutting down to 1400. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

any help would be great thanks!

Replies

• fitnessbuilding
    Options
    HI
    I'm 5' 3" and i currently weigh 140lbs my goal is 125, i started watching what i eat and exercising more since i started MFP about 3ish months ago and i haven't lost weight at allll, i started at 1600 cal a day, then 1500 and now for the last 3 weeks its been 1400, i make sure to get my protein goal everyday, i work out 3-5 times a week (cardio, situps, squats etc) and i've been adding weights to my work out about the same time i started cutting down to 1400. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

any help would be great thanks!
    Hello Izzylew,
    Regular exercises and Green tea allows you to lose weight in Smart and easy way. I tried it. It works well.:)
  • Django1977
    Options
    Hey there Izzy

Imho that could be less calories for working out 3 - 5 times... Go google calorie calculator. There are some good ones out there.. You must calculate it to knwo for sure (evtl. that is only an estimation.... if you eat less the last couple of month your BMR could dropped because of starvation response...) Scoobys calorie calculator is good also fat2fitradio.com has one... Try that. I will copy also a link in mfp from some awesome people ...

Cheers

Django
  • Django1977
    Options
    Here is one awesome thread going 8-). And no worries... you will fix it ...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/919536-get-your-metabolic-rate-tested-my-metabolic-reset-story?hl=reset+bmr
  • izzylew
    izzylew Posts: 30
    Options
    do you mean that i could be eating less than 1400 or that 1400 isn't enough?

also my BMR is like 1432 or something and my TDEE is 2200? if that extra info helps?
  • Django1977
    Options
    do you mean that i could be eating less than 1400 or that 1400 isn't enough?

also my BMR is like 1432 or something and my TDEE is 2200? if that extra info helps?

You should eat minimum 1432 and less than TDEE. If you workout very hard 3 - 5 days you should a bit closer to 2200... lets say 1800 if you push really hard. You tried up to 1600 kcal right. Maybee you still get not enough nutrients. Read the roadmap and give it a try for at least 3 -4 weeks.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    in your last thread about being a newbie, i told you to EAT!
    SO GO EAT!!!!!!!
  • Django1977
    Options
    SO GO EAT!!!!!!!

I like you Brit 8-)
  • izzylew
    Options
    thanks i'll definitely try and add more green tea!
  • izzylew
    Options
    you did?? sorry i didn't that!
  • Django1977
    Options

Read these threads.. they are full of information....

I got out of slack the last 6 months. And I got back on track.. I am eating now 6 times a day and lost 5 kg in 4 weeks. So you can do that too
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

this is probably the least useful information in this thread. the benefits of green tea for weight loss are anecdotal at best. It MAY suppress appetite a little and it MAY speed up metabolism a little bit, maybe, for some people, but in no way will it be THE answer. I can't tell you what the right answer is, lol, but it's not this.
  • izzylew
    Options

that second one helped a lot, i dont feel so bad about the ice cream i ate earlier haha thanks!
  • izzylew
    Options
    SO GO EAT!!!!!!!

sorry didnt see your post, in the other one i was reading this one lol but thanks!