Two Milestones

Options
ccgisme
ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
Hey all,

Just had to share. This week I broke through the 250 barrier - I've lost 34 pounds in roughly 4 months. I have a ways to go, but this is a big milestone for me! Then this morning, I tried on a pair of size 40" pants that I've been using to test my progress. They fit! I was skeptical, so I tried on three other pairs of pants and they all fit. Woo hoo! :bigsmile:

I hope everyone is having success and if you are at a plateau or just having a bad day, remember anything is possible with a bit of effort. Slow, steady progress will see you through to your goals!

Replies

• kblake11
    kblake11 Posts: 3
    Options
    That is awesome. It is great to see progress and thanks for the reminder that slow and steady is the way to go!
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    congrats that is awesome
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jmontalbo
    jmontalbo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is great
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!! You have just motivated me. I have a long ways to go!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done you. You deserve to feel very proud of yourself :happy:
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    You are AMAZING! :-) Thanks for being such a great inspiration! :-)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hey man - that's awesome!! Congrats!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Under 250 and counting. You're the man Chris.
    After 5 months of relative deprivation I started losing my passion for dieting, so watching you making progress is an inspiration. I'll try to get my act together for July and hit the 240 mark before my holiday in August. Keep up the good work bro.
  • ccgisme
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Feels great! I hope I can celebrate with you soon. :bigsmile:
  • ccgisme
    Options
    Under 250 and counting. You're the man Chris.
    After 5 months of relative deprivation I started losing my passion for dieting, so watching you making progress is an inspiration. I'll try to get my act together for July and hit the 240 mark before my holiday in August. Keep up the good work bro.

Hey Constantine, you can do it. You've hit your 30 lb mark and that's a huge milestone. Keep up the long mileage workouts - you said those were working well for you. I've also noticed a change since I took a break from running and started doing longer, lower intensity work outs. Now for the 300 :wink:
  • ccgisme
    Options
    You are AMAZING! :-) Thanks for being such a great inspiration! :-)

You are too kind! There are so many amazing people on MFP. If sharing a minor success helps other people, then I'm happy to share! :smile: This site is amazing and so are the people who use it.
  • cerdmann
    cerdmann Posts: 60
    Options
    Looking good! What a great feeling to reach those big milestones along the way. Even with plateaus, milestones like logging every day are important and worth the hard work! You give me hope that things will start to progress again soon! Thanks for being such a great cheerleader, Chris. :bigsmile:
  • guilfordkay
    Options
    congrats!
    What type of excercises did you do? I am having trouble finding the excersises I do like "leg crunches" in the myfitnesspal database. Is there a way to look at all the excersises in the database?
  • ccgisme
    Options
    congrats!
    What type of excercises did you do? I am having trouble finding the excersises I do like "leg crunches" in the myfitnesspal database. Is there a way to look at all the excersises in the database?

I do a lot of walking, hiking, and jogging (C25K). I find that long, lower intensity workouts work the best for losing weight. I also study aikido. I have been slow to add strength training, but need to! It seems like a lot of the strength training activities aren't in the database.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!