Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help! on bed rest and my wedding is next month!

I have quite the situation. I'm a die hard exerciser, actually a fitness instructor who's use to working out 3 hrs a day. Mid Feb of this year, I injured myself quite bad while teaching. I have a broken ankle, foot, nerve damage to my toes, torn tendants and ligament andtip make matters worse, I have 3 deep vein trombosis and have been on bed rest for the last 3 weeks. I haven't worked out in almost 7 weeks. The medication for my DVT isn't working yet and making me unbelievably sick.

Here's the kicker: my wedding is in 40 days. I'm still in a cast for at least another 14 days. My dress is skin tight and I'm absolutely panicking of gaining inches. Any suggestions as to how I can safely lose abdominal inches, panic less, still keep my muscle tone?

Replies

• gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Weight loss or maintenance is mostly about diet anyway, well 70 per cent diet, and 30 per cent exercise.

Keep your diet in check whether that's eating at TDEE Or at a deficit depending on your goals.

Nothing else you can do if you're on bed rest I'm afraid. Lift weights if you can to preserve muscle mass.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Make sure you keep your diet in check - try keep yourself busy to prevent yourself snacking during the day. That's probably the most important thing at the moment.

Is there any sort of exercise you can do? If you can, maybe do some upper body stuff? Crunches, sit ups, chest flies, punches, tricep curls...they hopefully shouldn't cause you any pain in the lower body (you can do all of them lying or sitting down) but they'll help you get a bit of cardio in and maintain muscle tone in your arms, back and tummy.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    idk - you're the fitness instructor ..
  • Mikemax125
    Mikemax125 Posts: 108
    Very sorry to hear whats happening to you, hope u get better asap! Doctors always right if he says no exercise then.....no exercise. Focus on the diet part since you aren't training. I would keep my protein higher than usually to prevent muscle loss. If the meds are making u sick force feed yourself meal replacements and drink adequate h20. Good Luck!