Sick of yo yo dieting

Options
I just need to stick to this.... this is all I want, I am happy with my life ....I just NEED to lose weight!! I am going to make this a lifestyle no more binge eating .....oh please let me stick to this, this time GRRRRR

Replies

• Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You have to find what works for you. I don't feel like I'm dieting at all. I'm just living life normally. My calories are set at 1600, which allows me to lose about 3 lbs. per week, and I eat more protein. Protein keeps me full longer, and prevents me from binge eating.

A lifestyle change doesn't usually happen overnight. Mine sure hasn't happened that way. For years now, I've been making little changes that have become habit. Those little changes, that eventually turn into habits....eventually turn into a lifestyle change. And I still have plenty of room for improvement.

Focus on the little things you can do to make your choices better, allow yourself small rewards like chocolate or ice cream (while staying within your calories), and don't deprive yourself of what you really want. Just limit it to LESS. Deprivation and starvation will only lead to failure. People crash and burn everyday on this site. They get sick, fed up, burnt out, and quit.... only to start over in a few months. Or years.

Be kind to yourself if you had an off-day. I know I probably went over my calories with my family's Easter celebration. So what? I will pick up tomorrow as if nothing ever happened. That's what I've learned this time around. A lifestyle is when most of the time, you are within your goals....along with the occasional splurge, like the holidays. It keeps my sanity. I get to ENJOY life and all the wonderful food that comes with it. AND....I can still reach my goals.

This isn't a 50 yard dash to the finish line. It's for life, right? Enjoy the occasional pitfalls, speed bumps, and detours. Just keep your everyday life as close to your goals as possible. I used to live by and die by the scale. Now, the scale is just the end result of my life well lived.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this!
  • patti04005
    patti04005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support ladies!
    Little life changes are eye openers like this morning i used half n half and when i went to put that in my calories i realized that is 40 calories ... and i like two or three coffee's a day so even though it is "real" food vs chemical...I might look at using coffeemate for less calories ...thoughts?
  • mamasita99
    mamasita99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I still think half and half is better than the creamer with half a page of ingredients. Can you use a little less of it? I also started to add fat-free milk instead (since I make mine at home), because I don't notice the taste difference really.
  • patti04005
    Options
    I know I struggle with it! I think I will use less and stay away from the chemicals! Thanks
  • iamferf2
    iamferf2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel the yo-yo pain. I am in a weight loss challenge here at work and I suggested an option to check in with some sort of reward in a few months for those of us who maintain our weight loss. Losing weight has never been my issue; keeping the weight off is where I struggle. I know what needs to be done, but when my DH and other family members aren't on beard and have all of my trigger foods around, eventually I cave :(
    AS far as coffee, for me when I read the ingredient list on creamers or even fat-free half and half I was shocked!!! I use either soy creamer or coconut milk for far less calories and that creamy punch. I cannot stand skim milk in my coffee; it is the creaminess I desire!
  • patti04005
    Options
    I haven't tried coconut milk yet or Almond Breeze but I am going to ....good idea thanks! I thought of doing a challenge at my work also, I might just start one up...how do you all weigh in?
  • iamferf2
    iamferf2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We weigh in every Friday morning. There are 2 people that monitor the weigh ins and they are the only people who see our actual weight; the group simply sees the total weight loss. If you gain, you pay $1 per pound! Definitely a motivator.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Yo Yo dieting is hard. It is easier to stay the course when you are looking at making healthier choices. There are no failures or falling off the wagon. It is just making a bad choice, recognizing it and moving on.