Introducing myself

Options
Hi everyone!

I am on a journey to lose weight and eventually maintain a healthy weight. I am looking for a strong support system, positive people, and lots of encouragement. I am working on not only getting my body in shape but my mind as well. I am prone to anxiety and trying not to resort to medications to cope with that. I am trying to get rid of negativity in my life. I am a new fan of Joyce Meyer, her inspirational quotes really hit home with me and I can't get enough of her!!!!

I am seeking many friends to share our joys, successes, frustrations with.

Little background on me: 43 years young :-) wife, mom, Grandma, self-employed. Trying to get rid of negative thoughts, trying to become a better wife, mother, role model for my family.. and my ultimate goal is to be a better person overall.

How I got here:
Inactivity, overeating sweets (mostly ice cream). Negative attitude.

How I'd like to lose it:
Starting today with 30 Day Shred. Cutting calories, walking, thinking positive.

How I'd like to keep it off:
Make sure I get regular exercise. Eating healthier. Eating in moderation is what I strive for. Not worrying about things that just don't matter and not worrying about things I have no control over.

A little more to add: I am a former smoker. Smoked 2 packs a day for many years, quit date 7/29/12. How I quit: cold turkey

Replies

• brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    aww well good for you!
    GOOD LUCK!!!!
    AND AWESOME JOB ON THE SMOKING PART! COLD TURKEY, OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE TREMENDOUS WILL POWER!
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    Hi. I can tell you're a very positive person :) so add me up if you want.

I'm 25 and I'm an MA student in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I'm from Kuwait.

How did i ge here? Hormones problems made me 106 kgs fat! I fixed those and started losing weight since july, 2nd. 2012.

Now i'm 75 kgs and trying to reach 65 kgs.
  • sbrina05
    sbrina05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on this site for a long time. It is time to lose this weight . So I know I can not do this alone. So please help and keep me accountable so make me your friend. Thank you so much.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I've been on here for about a year and about halfway to goal (35 lost and 31 to go), Feel free to add me
    Nicola
    xxx