The Switch from Weight Watchers to MyFitnessPal

SunnyGirl32
SunnyGirl32 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
The change:
Just joined MyFitness this a.m., and I am currently doing Weight Watchers. WW has been working for me, but I cannot afford the cost anymore. A family member directed me here, so here I am.

The intro:
I am 30 years old, living in Maryland with my hubby and toddler son. We just transplanted here from the midwest. Everything is new here, including my body, ideas on food and desires to eat! :tongue: I have recently gotten back into running, and this year I did my 1st 5K race. It was great, and now I'm hooked. Finished my 2nd one yesterday.

The goal:
I am hoping to lose about 10 more lbs. I've already lost 5-6lbs on WW. So, if anyone would like to join me, I'd love to meet some fun, friendly and active people looking to lose, run and be healthy. I would be interested if anyone lived around my area as well, as I'd love a running buddy for another 5K or maybe even 10K one of these days. :wink:

Thanks.

Replies

• JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Welcome to Maryland! This is a great site with lots of friendly and helpful people. :drinker:
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    I'm a member of Weight Watchers as well and have been extremely successful in the past! I am on the points system and still count my points every day, but I also keep track of what's going into my mouth on here. It's really interesting to see the correlation between calories and points! I wish you all the luck in the world. Please feel free to add me as a friend, and let me know if you need anything.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    I am also a former WW member. I had success on WW but even more success on MyfitnessPal. It took a while to get used to counting food in calories rather then points. For the first few weeks I continued counting the points also but now I am strictly a calorie counter. It really makes much more sense.

Good Luck!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    I too ama former WW member turned MFP member. I liked the ease of the WW points system when I first started my weight loss journey as I needed easy, I was making a whole lifestyle change. but as the pounds started dropping and I was into the new groove of eating healthy I needed to know the numbers. I wanted to see protiens, fats, calories etc, MFP allowed me to be better educated rather than just thinking in terms of points.

welcome
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    I see from your picture you're at the Harbor. I live in Baltimore county, am 33 and have two boys, 4 and 4 months. Currently trying to lose the baby weight--almost there--and a little more. I recently got into jogging and I enjoy it, however with my kids I don't get much of an opportunity. I really enjoy this website so good luck to you and welcome to Maryland!
  • rad007
    rad007 Posts: 26
    Hi I'm Rad and if there is anything you need one of these people on here no the answer. I just started prepping for first 5K..I'm also doing 1/2 Marathon in Philly . http://philadelphia.competitor.com/ The ING Rock-N-Roll 1/2 Marathon Series A different band every mile. Only other near local (I'm in neighboring Delaware) is Virginia Beach on Sept 5th.
  • SunnyGirl32
    SunnyGirl32 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey Rad-
    I have a friend who invited me to do the Philly 1/2 in Nov. I must admit, I'm a bit intimidated. The farthest I've ever run was 8 miles (on a treadmill). So doing 13.1 sounds crazy, yet enticing all the same. We'll see. How long have you been on MFP? And how long have you been running?
    SunnyGirl32
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    hello and welcome~
    I am in wv ~waves up to you~
    I am a former WW member as well and find this to be the best for me.It makes me aware of what I am taking in and the calorie count which is so easy it just a lifesaver for me.Enjoy and happy weight loss.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 334 Member
    Hey there, I am in the same boat as you! I have been into WW on/off for years, but recently stopped both because of the cost, and because I was bored and having trouble sticking to it. So, I just joined here last night, and am curious to see the differences I experience. I am also much more motivated than I was for the past while on WW, here's to hoping that translates into the changes I need to make for my health! I wish you all the best! Tanya:wink:
This discussion has been closed.