For crying out loud, do this already!

Options
broox80
broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
I just cant seem to find my groove!! I am done with all of the excuses!! I dont want to have any regrets. Is anyone else having problems and how are you breaking through??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Everyone has problems. That's why there are 23 million members on this site.

One Day At A Time, love.
  • missssminky
    Options
    i am feeling the same way.

The usual. its Monday so i am going to try this again.... its worked for me in the past but i cant get the motivation these days :(
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I agree with the one day at a time. I do that and I do not beat myself up when I fall. Look at it like you are learning to ride a bike, at first you are scared, next you are wobbly and you may fall, then before you know it you are riding. However, even good bike riders fall once in a while and as long as you get back up and ride that is all that matters.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I get up early and do my workout before I can talk myself out of it. Log every bit of food- a couple of chips here, a few m&m a there adds up quickly. If you screw up, realize it's one day out of 365- it's not that big of a deal. Get over it and get on!!! Good luck!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I do the same - get up, log weight (yes, I weigh every day to stop from stuffing things in my mouth), log food and exercise. Get on the treadmill and watch the morning news. Before you know it, you are done. I feel better for the day.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    One day at a time!
  • babymamahowell
    Options
    I do the same thing, get up early, this morning I really didn't want to get up at 4 when the alarm went off after not being asleep until 11, but I did it and I'm glad I did. Feel so much better after I do. I ate candy this weekend and not the best things, but hey overall I make better choices and I'm proud of that
  • acm2789
    acm2789 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling the same way lately. I tell myself I'm going to get up and run before work, but just sleep. After work I convince myself I'm too tired. I say I'll only have one sweet, and eat 5. You're not alone, I need to get be into gear!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Keep at it. But go about it differently. You need to change things up. Try different foods that accomplish the same end goal for the day. Change up your exercise routine, find different exercises that work the same groups, keep it fresh, and you will tend to stall out less often.
  • LovinHISWORD
    LovinHISWORD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get you completely. I am having trouble too. But you know, God is there everyday to help us. His mercy is new everyday the Bible says. So today, lets get a grip, and do this thing!
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A day at a time, step at a time. To put things in perspective, you loose weight at the same rate you gain it. The difference is that you are having way too much fun gaining it, than you are losing it. If you can't handle the food portion of it, at least focus on the physical aspect first. Throw your heart out into a good 40 minute workout, and I mean a sweaty one. Once you get that routine going, make slow changes in your diet. Make this change a part of your life, not some instant goal. You are only frustrating yourself. Success comes to those that really want it and sacrifice for it.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oh my....I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!! I am sick of winter, sick of cold weather, sick of being tired. Last week was rough for me. Today is a new day and a new chance to succeed. I like some of the suggestions so far, like mixing up your workout and eating routines! Good luck everyone!! :happy:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I just cant seem to find my groove!! I am done with all of the excuses!! I dont want to have any regrets. Is anyone else having problems and how are you breaking through??
    \
    I'm having trouble finding mine too. I'm SOOOooooOO bad anymore. My motivation is GONE... I'm starting to get a little worried about it. I don't want to gain all my weight back and I would like to lose a little more but I'm having trouble NOT shoving food in my face.

Sigh
  • AnitaHeady
    Options
    WOW!! Sounds just like me this morning, very tired due to my bs being high, which means my motivation is very low today. Will have to try and work out later today, very sleepy and going back to bed. Its okay, I know I ate bad yesterday, and the blood sugars are screaming "STUPID." Can't drive to work out if I wanted right now, way to dizzy. Have a good day everyone, I cannot overeat on carbs without paying!!!