Is it okay for me to take more fat than protein in one day?

Options
The percentage of my intake would be 53%carbs, 17% protein and 30%fat
However, the fats are saturated (15g), Polyunsaturated (9g) and Monounsaturated (1g)
probably from the Mackerel fillet that I'm going to have.
Is it good? or am i taking too many fats?
is it okay if i take more fats than protein??
I'm so confused :(

Replies

• Mikemax125
    Mikemax125 Posts: 108
    Options
    Well are you just dieting, or do u exercise as well? I generally dont reccommend mixing high fats and high carbs. One or the other never both. You could always eat things like Tuna or Chicken salads to get your protein up.
  • beskinnyzoe
    Options
    Well are you just dieting, or do u exercise as well? I generally dont reccommend mixing high fats and high carbs. One or the other never both. You could always eat things like Tuna or Chicken salads to get your protein up.

i do exercise, like 3days a week, sometimes playing field hockey, sometimes figure skating, sometimes go gym.
    you mean in a day i shouldn't mix high fats and carbs?
  • beskinnyzoe
    Options

and i already have 46g protein a day, and 32g fat and 151g. carbs
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    The protein level on MFP is far too low for most people. It's based on the USRDA which emphasizes carbs. For most people who are active .8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass is recommended. That's on average 100 grams for a woman. Fat should be 25-30% of calories and the rest carbs.

Read this. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0 and you'll be less confused.
  • Mikemax125
    Options
    What I mean is dont go over on your daily goal of fats, or your daily goal for carbs on the same day. If I eat a lot of carbs that day I will keep my fats down usually around .45% of my body mass.
  • beskinnyzoe
    Options
    What I mean is dont go over on your daily goal of fats, or your daily goal for carbs on the same day. If I eat a lot of carbs that day I will keep my fats down usually around .45% of my body mass.

XD as a matter of fact i didn't go over both goal LOL
  • Mikemax125
    Options
    Then u did just fine!
  • beskinnyzoe
    Options
    Then u did just fine!

Sometimes it's protein that went over go tho :(