Gaining over weekend

Options
Does anyone else have the problem of being really good during the week but once the weekend comes and you let yourself cheat a little you gain two pounds then spending the following week trying to loose it again.

Replies

• HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try having cheat meal, rather then cheat weekend. One meal won't make impact but full day or two will
  • jamming464
    jamming464 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the same problem! Usually during the week I am able to track everything easily because I will either buy a pre-packaged product with the calories labeled (such as Lean Cuisine) or because it is something I usually eat daily so it is already programmed in my diary (like an egg sandwich for breakfast). The problem on the weekend is that I usually go out to eat with my boyfriend, or a girl's night out, and I end up going wayy over my budget. Especially when you add an alcoholic beverage or 2.

Can anyone give suggestions on how to still go out and enjoy your weekend without going over the calorie budget?
  • Missellaneous02
    Missellaneous02 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Going to bars on the weekends is usually my downfall. So I always anticipate that I will be drinking at least 3 vodka drinks Friday and Saturday night. I'll try to eat smaller calorie and healthier meals on those days. If I don't end up going out on those nights then I can use the left over calories for a nice treat instead.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    lol...I've been running that hamster wheel since October. I guess what I've really done is figured out a method for me to maintain by current weight. I have about a 250 calorie deficit through the week and blow it every weekend.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    No, not at all! I just don't allow myself cheat days. The only cheat days I allow are holidays and birthdays. I don't allow myself to slack off because it's the weekend. It's just another day like any other day and I will never get thin by being healthy only five out of seven days a week, you know?

But for other people, they can't lose weight without treating themselves, so my best advice is to find a balance. Others have suggested just having a cheat MEAL instead of a cheat day. I would agree that this is a good compromise. :)
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the same problem! Usually during the week I am able to track everything easily because I will either buy a pre-packaged product with the calories labeled (such as Lean Cuisine) or because it is something I usually eat daily so it is already programmed in my diary (like an egg sandwich for breakfast). The problem on the weekend is that I usually go out to eat with my boyfriend, or a girl's night out, and I end up going wayy over my budget. Especially when you add an alcoholic beverage or 2.

Can anyone give suggestions on how to still go out and enjoy your weekend without going over the calorie budget?

I think the key is just moderation! Have ONE drink. Enjoy ONE. When you go out to eat, skip the bread basket so you can instead enjoy dessert. Don't indulge in both. Choose what you want more. For me, it's honestly the bread basket! But my tastes have changed since I began this journey and I no longer really crave the things I used to. I'm okay with eating healthy 7 days a week now. When my fiance and I do go out, we like to go to Texas Roadhouse. I'll get a baked potato instead of mashed with butter on the side, and I'll ask for them to not slather butter all over my steak. There's minor things you can tweak to save calories without feeling deprived. :)
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, during the week i am fine and then at the weekend i blow it,
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    This past weekend - ham (sodium!). I have my breakfasts & lunches all planned out during the week and I need to just stick with those meals on the weekends too. Mine isn't so much "pig out" as it is just these past couple weeks have been higher in sodium and I did have diet pop a couple times and that alway's makes me retain water.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself Friday mornings rather than Mondays.

Problem solved.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I use to. But now I still track everything. And Sunday evenings are my cheat meals. Since we are always at a family members home to eat dinner. So I just have smaller portions and load up on the veggies.
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I would think eating higher calories on the weekend and less during the week would get me out of this plateau. I use to be able to cheat and still lose. Can't do that anymore :o(