My cats are sabotaging my weight loss

Options
My cats are trying to sabotage me, they always steal some of my protein when I have chicken and fish, meaning that my logging is out. I carefully weigh everything and then they steal it right off my plate. :grumble:

They also get in the way when I try to exercise - I've tripped over them several times and actually hurt my ankle the last time so I couldn't exercise for 3 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my cats to understand the changes I've made in my life? I've tried talking to them but it's like talking to a dog when I do. :noway:

Thanks guys :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    My cats do this too, I never know quite how to handle it when I've already weighed my food before they eat it.

I'd be interested in any replies you get.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I think I can see your problem, you need to eat faster.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    sabotage may be the least of your worries.

plotting+cat.jpg
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Put them in another room and shut the door while you eat or exercise. I actually have to put one of my cats in a cat carrier when I go to bed cause she destroys my house in the middle of the night.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Put your cats in another room when you are eating and exercising. They probably just want to play, but you come first for a few minutes each day and you need to take care of yourself as top priority. I noticed that my post is almost identical to the one above it, which means we must both be right.:bigsmile:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    sabotage may be the least of your worries.

plotting+cat.jpg

Uh oh, my cat weighs around 14 pounds of solid muscle. I'm pretty sure he could kill me if he wanted to.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I'm on paleo with my cat. We hunt our food and share the spoils. It's an equal partnership we're both happy with.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    LMAO.. ok I love this post.. I have four cats two that insist on :helping " Mommy do everything..Push ups??? Boris is underneath, Plyo? Cat is in the middle of the floor daring me to "gap jump him...stretches.. rubbing my face...yup they certainly want to help. In all honesty.. when I get frustrated I remove them ( and the VERY helpful Golden Retriever) to another room while I exercise. Not sense in me or them getting hurt( and remember when you step on them they WILL get you back)...
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I too have a really toxic dynamic with Mr. Friskers. It might just be in my head but sometimes its like he doesn't want me to get educated on how to improve my fitness. And..he doesn't even lift.
    18m0hz.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    They also get in the way when I try to exercise - I've tripped over them several times and actually hurt my ankle the last time so I couldn't exercise for 3 weeks.

OMG - My cat TOTALLY DOES THIS when I'm trying to do my JM videos. Stupid cat - what happens if I lose my balance and land on him?!?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Put them in another room and shut the door while you eat or exercise. I actually have to put one of my cats in a cat carrier when I go to bed cause she destroys my house in the middle of the night.

My house is open plan - so unless I shut them in the bathroom..... Hmm maybe.

I couldn't put mine in the carrier - they associate it with the vets and cry when they go in.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

OMG - My cat TOTALLY DOES THIS when I'm trying to do my JM videos. Stupid cat - what happens if I lose my balance and land on him?!?

lol, somehow they always manage to be out of the way - suspicious? Maybe they ARE trying to kill me. :huh:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat
    Kill two birds with one stone, the cats leave you alone and you get more protein :glasses:
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Stab it's nose with a for, works for me!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I too have a really toxic dynamic with Mr. Friskers. It might just be in my head but sometimes its like he doesn't want me to get educated on how to improve my fitness. And..he doesn't even lift.
    18m0hz.jpg

Sabotage, I tell you, sabotage!!!

I think he's just attention-seeking. Maybe you should incorporate him into your routine so he knows you are still giving him attention...

tumblr_miomz0SzR91r885dro1_500.gif
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat
    Kill two birds with one stone, the cats leave you alone and you get more protein :glasses:

OMG - I hope your joking with that :angry: :explode:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I started using my cat as an exercise prop.. if he insists on being under foot, I am using him as added weight to help with my stretch... :tongue:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    18m0hz.jpg

Your cat just knows that if you lift, you'll get bulky. He's trying to help you!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    18m0hz.jpg

Your cat just knows that if you lift, you'll get bulky. He's trying to help you!

<--- is trying not to snort uncontrollably at work.