Calling all you Ellipitcal owners!

Options
I'm trying to convince my mom to go in on an elliptical for our home so that we can both take advantage of it. I'd like some feed back as to what would be the best for my money, where can I find the best deals? We're trying to keep it under 700 bucks :)

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Shop around on craigslist or go to a exercise store...we have second wind and try some of theirs...see what feels right for you
  • kbarr23
    kbarr23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about something in your price range, but I love my lifefitness elliptical: http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/ellipticalcrosstrainers_1 I am so happy to have it at home and it has helped me lose the baby weight twice! Hard to do with 2 under 3, but having it in the house meant I could work out during naptime!

For what it's worth, I think paying more for a nicer elliptical (which means you may actually use it) is totally worth it.

good luck-
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    Sounds good :) thanks for the feedback guys! I'm definitely going to go in and try some out! My mom really needs some convincing about price, hoping I can find one cheaper. I think getting her on the machines and testing them out while reciting my 20 list reason why we need it may be the trick :D
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I got a ProForm a few years ago and finally wore that one out. It cost $400 I think. This time I got another ProForm that was $1100. I got it at ****'s Sporting goods. So far I'm happy with the new one. It's very smooth and quiet. There was another model that felt good too in the price range you mentioned.

Here's another topic on ellipticals. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99534-elliptical-brands

Good luck.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    ebay? Loads on UK ebay site.
    I got mine for £90
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've got a NordicTrack AudioGlider, purchased new at Sears about 2 years ago for around $900 on sale. It works well, has a place to plug in my iPod, and also has workout programs on a little storage card you can buy separately. The workout card I bought was $25, and has 12 intermediate workouts, 30 minutes and 45 minutes. They are basically interval training workouts, so you can burn a lot of calories in 30 minutes, if you do what the "trainer" tells you to (i.e., keeping your speed up, while it adjusts resistance). I still use mine several times a week and have had no problems with it.

The down side is the thing is noisy. It's also difficult to move, even though part of it folds up and you're supposed to be able to wheel it around. It's just not that easy to do, and if you want to avoid running into every wall and doorjamb in your house, it takes two people to move it! I agree with those who recommend spending a little more and getting a really good one. You definitely have to try them out. Good luck! :smile: