Please help..

Options
I am struggling more than i can even explain with binge eating. A lot of it has to do with things I'm not dealing with in my life. But I could really use some great suggestions for meal plans/websites that offer pre-made plans. Any advice?

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    If you dont face the things going on in life that cause you to lean to food, no matter what mean plan, workout plan, diet plan etc...you are on will work.....First you need to grasp whats going on in your life that makes you turn to food for comfort and then once you are in reality of the situation, you will find things working....

trust me, i was recently in that same boat....
  • Kelseykim
    Kelseykim Posts: 19
    Options
    I do not have any meal plans, but, I do have some advice. I too used to reach for the chocolate every time something did not go my way, a fight with my husband, raising my daughter has really drove me to eat. Even as a child I would eat when I was sad or depressed. One thing I have learned is (It has taken me 50 years!) well anyway I am a slow learner, lol. anyway I learned that I could not control any one but me, so instead of running to food, which always feels good for the moment that you are cramming it into your mouth, then you feel worse because you just gave into your weakness. I go for a walk, or put in a comedy or put on some of my favorite music (really loud) and sing. Find something else to take my mind off it. I know that does not really answer your questions about what to eat. It is just my way of dealing with things and not harming myself, by putting on the extra calories. Hope this helps some.:flowerforyou:
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Something that has helped me a great deal & extremely fast results with emotionally - driven eating issues - Emotional Freedom Technique OR "EFT". Look it up on Google! I am fortunate enough to be able to see an EFT provider in my town. Has been a life saver for me. Just a thought.
  • bree5291
    bree5291 Posts: 50
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses..
  • phredriq
    phredriq Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    got one more for you - www.heartsupport.com
    Hope it helps!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    got one more for you - www.heartsupport.com
    Hope it helps!
    I found this very helpful to watch, glad you posted it. It's like it brings the hidden out into the open to look at. I think the girl that was being interviewed was very brave allowing the cameras and her story to be told so others could better understand and also not feel we are the only ones that handle life/food like this.
  • feel_the_love
    Options
    The thing that I foud worked THE BEST was honestly writing down how I felt everyday and what happend during the day. This helped me solve the problems with myself basically because I used to eat to hide what I was feeling too but once I started writing down exactly how i felt it became easier to forgive myself for eating the way I did. So basically, write down what is going on in ur life..or mind..simply to yourself:drinker: