Help getting that fat tummy to tone down!!

Options
I have about 40 more pounds to lose but my tummy area don't seem to be nudging :/ any tips/secrets to help firm it up?? I still look preg. ypu can see pics in my profile. Thanks for the help! Actually I can post it here but forgot how to post a pic lol.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce so you just have to keep losing weight and your stomach area will follow... and as women we tend to lose the belly last :(

Make sure your weekly goals are set correctly and you will be fine.

When you are closer to goal, switch to building muscle (add in heavy lifting now) so you can better lower your body fat %.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What the other poster said. Also, as they say...80% of losing happens in the kitchen (well something like that...) Basically you have to cut down on fats and carbs....you still eat them, but the right things and healthy or as clean as possible. Lots of water and just keep plugging away. With 40 lbs still to go, that could very well still be a huge part of the tummy. I've lost 60-70 lbs in over 2 years and still have about 20-30 lbs I want to lose. My ABS, just now are getting toned. It does take time. It's been over 4 years since my last pregnancy too. Remember its a process not an end. As I've said, been doing my journey for almost three years now. Keep positive...eat, cardio, strength training, water and you should be fine. Good Luck!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What the other poster said. Also, as they say...80% of losing happens in the kitchen (well something like that...) Basically you have to cut down on fats and carbs....you still eat them, but the right things and healthy or as clean as possible. Lots of water and just keep plugging away. With 40 lbs still to go, that could very well still be a huge part of the tummy. I've lost 60-70 lbs in over 2 years and still have about 20-30 lbs I want to lose. My ABS, just now are getting toned. It does take time. It's been over 4 years since my last pregnancy too. Remember its a process not an end. As I've said, been doing my journey for almost three years now. Keep positive...eat, cardio, strength training, water and you should be fine. Good Luck!
    \

This. Friend who competes in body-building/bikini competitions (crazy lean and muscular compared to most women) told me that her pre-competition diet is what brings out the abs, not anything that happens in the gym.
  • fitmama2e
    fitmama2e Posts: 19
    Options
    I have found that regular cardio and pilates really helps to whittle down the waist line and lower abs.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thx every one but unable to lift weights right now but only have my resistance band for now.