Help me get back on it!!!

Options
I've really let myself slip over the last week. With all the hot weather in the UK the invites to BBQ's and beer gardens have been very busy. The good news is very surprisingly I've only put on 1lb which I know is nothing but I've mentally got out of the routine to wanting to exercise. I normally spend about 1 hour in the gym 4-5 days a week but I haven't been for over a week and have started to put it off when i find an excuse. I know this hasn't effected me just yet but it's only a matter of time before it will.

Any strong words of discipline please fire them my way now please!

Replies

• gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also because of what i've been eating I stopped inputting my food onto MFP too and feel bad about it.
  • Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've just had a very similar week. Got up this morning and saw a 1.6lb increase on where I was on Friday. So I'm gonna tell you what I told myself - get off your lazy *kitten* and get it back in gear before it's too late :) I'm just after doing a 50 minute powerwalk before work and I intend to get a minimum of 2 hours total done today.

You should still track what you're eating whether bad or good too, it will keep you accountable.

Best of luck :)
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Rethink your reasons for doing it, go over them in your head. Remember how good it felt when you got into a routine at the gym - even if you had to drag yourself there, I bet you felt really positive afterwards? You can still go to the BBQs etc but be honest about it - log it all and then at least you know what you're dealing with as burying your head in the sand never works! There's even more reason to log food on the bad days... it's easy to log on the good days and look at all the lovely pretty numbers isn't it? But seeing the truth in black and white hurts - it sometimes gives you the kick you need too!! Then if you're behind with cals it will give you the motivation to go to the gym to burn them off! Go for it, you can do it, you've done it before! :o)
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi G!

Also in the UK and suffering from the heat....BBQs...Pimms....England football on Sunday...eating before because we were on a high and heck, does it matter...and then eating afterwards because we were on a low...and so it goes on. I've not put any weight on but I haven't lost either and each morning I say 'today...I am gonna push myself to do that little bit more' but come 4 in the afternoon a kind of blase attitude creeps in.

So...today I WILL take the dog for an extra long walk...drink loads of water...stick to my calories...and you WILL GO TO THE GYM and write all your food down and tonight you can post and let me know you've done it. There - nothing more terrifying than the wrath of a WussKat :-))

WE WILL LOSE THAT WEIGHT!!! :-))

Have a good day!
  • louwannapope1
    Options
    I'm a recent member and like you guys in the UK, I've been bad. Didn't want to log my food because I knew I had not only fallen off the wagon, I've been run over by it. I started my exercise routine today (I got off my azz) and it felt good. The #'s are not pretty but, I'm taking it one day at a time. I didn't gain it in a day and I have realized I won't loose it in a day either.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    ok here goes BOOT BOOT BOOT i has booted ure behind :laugh:
    so you had an off week it isnt the end of the world unless you make it off months and so on you had a break and now you will go back to going gym and eating good and logging on MFP and being all motivated when you see how great you are doing
  • gponter79
    Options
    Ok folks, good words all round!! I'm currently sat in my gym reception struggling to get a 3G signal but going to work my *kitten* off for an hour!!! Let's get on it!!!!!!
  • alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    I've had the same sort of week, but it is super inspiring to hear everyone get motivated! Tomorrow will be different :). Good luck everyone!
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Well done for getting to the gym! I drowned my sorrows over the weekend because of the football too but we can pull it back before the next weigh in!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about it!! Life is here to be enjoyed :smile:

Just start up again today and within a few days you'll find your back into the swing of it, it's too easy to cheat and not log everything but really your only cheating yourself as you'll have no reliable record to look back on to see when things went wrong and why if they do.

Keep going you'll be fine xx
  • clairebear82
    Options
    I had six weeks off exercise after a car accident and it was difficult, but you take it slowly, and you'll find you're back in the swing in no time, and wondering why you didn't do it sooner (lovely endorphins them!).
  • Dietexpert
    Dietexpert Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! It's very easy to fall off but you just need to think about why you want to be healthier and climb back on. I have been to a few BBQs and found temptation there and last weekend was offerred every drink from cider to vodka and it was only the fact that I suffered a serious head injury a few months ago that prevented me giving in and joining in with everyone. I felt a bit miserable but I got through it on my fruit Schloer drink and that probably helped me not overindulge in finishing off the food as well! When you go out would you consider switching your beer for a 'girlie' drink instead i.e. vodka and diet mixer? It's just far less calorific but you do have to watch getting the munchies later as drinking does weaken my resolve a lot. Good luck!
  • gponter79
    Options
    When you go out would you consider switching your beer for a 'girlie' drink instead i.e. vodka and diet mixer? It's just far less calorific

Ha ha well, yes absolutely. My drink of choice on social occasions is now Vodka & Diet Coke. However i think i drank that much of it on Saturday night at my friends party that I can't remember a good portion of the night (or next morning!) lol