Have not lost a pound

Options
First, thank you for reading...

I started using MFP last year and lost 13 pounds. It was great. Then I fell off the wagon, having severe degenerative disc disease - pulled something, pain came back 10-fold and I gave up, gained the weight back. Well I have been getting lumbar injections monthly for the past few months and last Sunday, when my fat jeans did not fit any more - I was done. I needed to do something. So, (also having many food intolerance's - mainly sugar and gluten) went shopping, filled my fridge with tons of veggies, a few fruits, nice boneless/skinless chicken breat etc.

All week I stuck to the 1200 calories per day AND went to the gym (4 days). Very light work out's because of my back, about 10-15 minutes of spinning and 20 minutes of elliptical. I know it is not much, but it is what I could do. This weekend, I spent more time out side, helping with yard work (no lifting).

(Before this change, I was eating at least 2500-3000 calories per day.)

I know it has only been a week, but really! I did not even lose one pound! The first week of my 'diet' last time, I lost 3 pounds. My husband, who has all but a weight problem, says the first week is usually just water weight, so when I didn't even lose a pound I ... am just so disappointed.

I feel so out of place with my husband, he is 5'11" and maybe 140lbs. Yes, super thin, 28" waist. I used to be a lot smaller, and I was fine around him. But I am currently 30 pounds heavier then I was when we started dating (yes, about 10 years ago) but with him being so thin, it makes me feel huge!

Sorry, last part was a vent.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to be eating 1200 calories? What did MFP tell you to eat? Follow that and don't customize anything.

When I was eating 1300 calories and working out a lot, I wasn't losing very fast because, I wasn't eating enough! I am now up to 1600 calories and I feel much better.... why eat less calories when you can lose weight eating more?

Good luck with everything! :)
  • tonka1042
    Options
    The suggested calories from MFP was 1200... but maybe I need to look into that. I would like a few more a day! lol
  • Melanya7
    Melanya7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I had to mentally prepare to work out. When I started dieting and doing workouts I didn't see the scale budge either and it drove me crazy. My friend told me to focus on dieting first and then hit the workouts. So for 2 months I just focused on what I was eating and did little stuff like parking the car far away or taking the steps, or cleaning with the baby in the ergo. After I lost 10 pounds in about 2 months I felt like I could deal with the scale not moving and then focus on the inches.

For me, this was helpful. I then did the 30DS which was awesome and broke my plateau althought there was only about a 5 pound loss.

Final thought, I think I was around 1300 at first. 1200 seems a bit low. With working out I am usually around 1350-1400.