Onions - Raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
Kikkoman - Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs, 1 1/2 Cup
2 large egg
Ketchup, 0.4 container
Brown mustard
garlic (optional)
Hickory smoke (optional)

Preheat to 450. Grease the muffin tin

Mix hamburger, diced onion, bread crumbs eggs, garlic to taste, Worcestershire sauce to taste, hickory smoke flavor to taste.

In a separate bowl mix ketchup, brown mustard to taste (maybe 50% as much as the ketchup), garlic powder to taste, smoke to taste. Try it, its good.

Press meat mixture into each cupcake tin so that the hole is filled but not mounded. Place a spoonful of sauce on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Put the muffins on paper towels to drain any excess grease. Pour out grease, wipe off excess from the top (otherwise it will burn and smoke) and repeat. Makes 26 muffins (regular size)

Calories Carbs Fiber Sugar Protein Fat
136 9 0 5 16 3

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to say that these were really delicious! I've eaten then for several days running along with my husband. Lots of protein for the amount of cals, carbs, and fat too.
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome...thanks for sharing. Sounds like something my son would eat too. I'm always cooking for 2 households.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Bump. YUM.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    These sound awesome...thanks for sharing. Sounds like something my son would eat too. I'm always cooking for 2 households.

I would be very surprised if a kid wouldn't like them... I was trying to think of how I would sneak in more veggies though.
  • raiderzara
    raiderzara Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf is the easiest thing to sneak veggies into! Shred some carrots, zucchini, sweet potato, or whatever you have around in there. You can also add mushroom, garlic, chopped spinach...the possibilities are endless!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! What a great idea!
  • chadewey2000
    chadewey2000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have never cooked with Hickory smoke flavor before.. In the directions it says "to taste" Can someone give me a rough starting point on how much they used I dont want to mess it up! Thanks cant wait to try it!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I have a similar recipe for Meat Muffins but I shred zucchini and carrots in it. If you use 1 1/2cups of Stove Top stuffing instead of bread crumbs it makes them very tasty too!
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aprilcarlson
    Options
    bump!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good!! I put carrots in our meatloaf and it comes out amazing, I haven't thought of trying spinach though.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I've been making turkey meatloaf muffins. Ground turkey, one box of StoveTop, one cup chicken broth. Mix and bake in muffin tins.
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have never cooked with Hickory smoke flavor before.. In the directions it says "to taste" Can someone give me a rough starting point on how much they used I dont want to mess it up! Thanks cant wait to try it!

1/2 teaspoonish :) Liquid smoke is awesome, I like to put it in my black bean burritos, with the mozzarella if I don't have smoked mozzarella, it's yummy. Just be careful not to add too much, or it gets sick with a quickness.
  • lalbus
    lalbus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've got to try this. Sounds good!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    I'd say a third to half of a teaspoon of smoke per pound of hamburger that you use, and a third to half a teaspoon in the sauce (less if you are cutting the recipe). A little goes a long way.
  • AlleganyMiss
    Options
    When I make Meatloaf I use carrots, onions, celery, garlic and peppers and I sautee them in coconut oil, butter or bacon greese before adding to the meat. For the bread crumbs I take organic whole wheat bread I toast and make into crumbs (I usually keep a ziplock bag of these in the freezer for toppings and stuff and toast up a whole loaf at a time in the oven and grind in the food processor). You can put tons of differnt vegies in it and the kiddos don't know. I also like to mix blue cheese into mine. For the topping it is sauteed onions and garlic, add tomatoo paste and sauce, garlic and onion powder, worchestershire salt and papper and a really good squirt of honey for the sweetness. My family hated meatloaf till I made this!!
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    sounds totally delish! TYVM for sharing the recipe :smile: