Stuck at 19lbs Lost

Options
I've been stuck at 19lbs lost and need some advice on how to get back to losing. I am on 1200 calories and up til a week ago when a monkey wrench the size of California was thrown into my life, I was exercising daily, nothing but water, almost no sweets, and yet I've been here for a month nearly....please help =)

Replies

• NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! on your 19 pounds lost I think that maybe you should up the calories a little bit and change up the workout routine. don't get discouraged it seems like you may have met your plateau keep up the great work you got this:)
  • Holls1969
    Options
    I was in the same boat! For a month I didn't lose a single pound! I up until tomorrow was doing 1200 cals a day and after reading some articles on here I am trying daily calorie intake based on the TDEE -20% which puts me at 1400 cals a day instead. I also bumped up my daily cals burned a day bc I was doing 200 or more burned on average then what MFP had me set at. I am hoping this will help and I am going to try this for a couple weeks. I am trying to find the article and if I do I will post a link to it.
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at 19lbs lost and need some advice on how to get back to losing. I am on 1200 calories and up til a week ago when a monkey wrench the size of California was thrown into my life, I was exercising daily, nothing but water, almost no sweets, and yet I've been here for a month nearly....please help =)

This is gona sound mean but you've lost 19 pounds and started in a month ago. I started january 21st and have lost 11 pounds. Weight may come off fast at first and will slow down. Don't freak out about it and let it come off the way it wants to. Move more and watch what you eat.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat! For a month I didn't lose a single pound! I up until tomorrow was doing 1200 cals a day and after reading some articles on here I am trying daily calorie intake based on the TDEE -20% which puts me at 1400 cals a day instead. I also bumped up my daily cals burned a day bc I was doing 200 or more burned on average then what MFP had me set at. I am hoping this will help and I am going to try this for a couple weeks. I am trying to find the article and if I do I will post a link to it.

I'd guess that your metabolism is adjusting to the low calorie intake so your weight loss is slowing. Also the first weight comes off quicker, as someone mentioned. Read these..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide
    Here is a spreadsheet to get calculations...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/750920-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options

This is gona sound mean but you've lost 19 pounds and started in a month ago. I started january 21st and have lost 11 pounds. Weight may come off fast at first and will slow down. Don't freak out about it and let it come off the way it wants to. Move more and watch what you eat.

I think she meant that she's been stuck at 19 pounds lost for a month, I'm sure she's been doing this for much longer.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    As for my advice, I would definitely up your calorie intake and/or find new exercises to do. Figure out your TDEE - 20 or 15% (depending on how close you are to your goal weight) and try and eat at that for a few months to see what happens. You have your whole life to lose weight, there's nothing saying that you need to lose your extra right this second, don't stress about it too much.
  • McAmber84
    McAmber84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am the Queen of losing 20ish pounds, getting stuck, then getting frustrated and giving up.

i would go with what has been suggested so far: slightly upping calories, changing exercise routines a bit, and definitely leave the scale alone for a while if need be. That would be how I broke out of my recent 20ish pound lost slump, I had someone hide my scale from me. The first few days were difficult to say the least, but after 2-3 weeks, I didn't care what the scale said, b/c I FELT the changes. That number didn't matter as much!

Best of luck to you!
  • 5hellz
    5hellz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

Yes, I have been at this since January 13th, and I've been at 19lbs lost for a month.

I'm definitely hiding the scale for a while and I'm going to up my calories slowly. Up until the personal issues, the 1200 calories were sometimes hard to meet so taking in more will be a slow process.

Thanks again everyone =)