Need to lose 40 pounds more!!!

Options
Hey Guys
I'm 5"5' and weigh 170 pounds and goal weight is 130 lbs.
I'm currently sticking to the 1200 cals program fairly easily and walking for about 40 mins , 3 days a week arnd sometimes cycling for 20 mins , twice a week. I've had a knee surgery due to a basketball injury so aren't allowed the gym .

Just wondering if all of you who are on MFP are also doing other things alongside to lose weight or is this be enough.

I want to lose this weight in 8 months -9 months time , basically by the end of this year.

Replies

• tamjak
    tamjak Posts: 28
    Options
    That's a realistic goal, and eating 1200 calories a day with exercise is going to help. You might consider adding some weight and resistance training, at least upper body (since your knee is messed up) if you reach a plateau.:smile:
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a similar weight to you - 167lbs, but im 5' 3"! My current goal weight is 140lbs! But my aim is the end of July when I get married! Feel free to add me if you like!!!
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also eat 1200 kcal a day! :D
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your plan should work. I would encourage you to make sure that you are getting plenty of protein and of course drink lots of water. Another poster already mentioned resistence/weight training........

Good luck on your journey.
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm also similar to you. 5'2" CW 176 GW 130. 1200 calories and 30 DS
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm also similar to you. 5'2" CW 176 GW 130. 1200 calories and 30 DS
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I went from being 190 to now at 143.
    All i did was eat real clean foods with the occasional cheat meal. I try to have 5-6 meals a day. Its do-able, you just need to prep your meals in advance. Because of prepping food in advanced for lunches , etc. I didnt really need to think of what i was eating. I also keep a bag of oatmeal with cinnamon and mixed nuts (1/3 cup for one bowl only!) at work and eat that every single morning when i get to work. I buy tons of vegetables. Bags of carrots, cucumbers, zuchinni, brocolli, etc. As for protein, i buy lots of canned tuna and chicken. Youd be surprised how you can supplement almost everything. This is basically how i didnt go crazy and wanted to eat everything in site.

I kept it interesting when it came to food. For example, cauliflower is an amazing supplement for bread or rice. I have made cauliflower fried rice ( which there is absolutely no rice in it! And tastes so good, deff google it!!! Its by "fit2fat2fit"), mashed cauliflower, cauliflower crust pizza, then there are other different recipes such as jamie easons turkey muffins , chicken with salsa, flattened chicken to mimic pizza topped with tomato sauce & assorted veg etc, the possibilities are just endless. , oh and i love love love quinoa!! I suggest to continue eating carbs, but eat them properly!!!!! WHOLE WHEAT ONLY, and must be measured. If i have rice or quinoa, ill only have 1/4 of a cup (sometimes ig o overboard with quinoa though... ) , you can have sweet potatio etc,. All just in moderation! . If you eat white carbs, your pancreas will actually poor out insulin. Insulin basically stops the use of fat as an energy source and just stores it. (Also can cause diabetes!)

The most important thing is that you eat HEALTHY, and you must do it consistently. If you have a sweet tooth, i love taking Dymatize ISO 100 protein powder in Gourmet Chocolate. You can get it at bodybuilding.com . I mix it in with chunky peanut butter. TASTES SO FRIGGIN GOOD. I mix it with water so there are no additional cals. Tastes like Reeses pieces. I will have this after my workout. The nutrition info is amazing as well, barely any cals, lots of protein , no sugar etc. Speaking of protein, dont listen to what MFP says what you need for protein. Have lots and lots. its good for you! Same with water, have 8 glasses! If you dont, your body will retain water, making this whole process almost pointless.

Lastly, i would just like to say goodluck! And do as much research as you can. What really helped me was buying fitness magazines. I really did learn alot about diet,health, workouts, etc. I always find good info from the following magazines: oxygen, muscle & fitness HERS, FitnessRX, Womens Health, SHAPE, Fitness, the list is endless. If you dont want to buy the magazines, they should pretty much have the same info online!! Goodluck, sorry this is so long!
  • avanimalhotra
    avanimalhotra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. This helps a lot
  • shellyakapp
    Options
    I just found out about the cauliflower that's amazing I can't wait to try it! I am on the same page as all you guys are too-and I do prepare my meals daily, canned chicken is awesome! I put it in my salads and I am fuller longer, and it's delicious!
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My goal is close to 40lb. I am about half way there. I've been at it for 2+ months.

I'm eating 1450 net calories a day and run ( I do eat back exercise calories).
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would like 40lbs by my wedding august 31 im trying to eat around 1200 as well, my problem is that im never really hungry and i have to force myself to eat. But woo 40lbs club
  • fabry12
    fabry12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The challenge is to prepare healthy meal at home on daily basis. But the price is a delicious tasty meal full of nutrients.

Totally doable, just be patient especially at the beginning.