Work Biggest Loser contest final results

Options
cmherb76
cmherb76 Posts: 34 Member
So, today April Fool's Day, we had our final weigh in of our Biggest Loser Contest at work. The contest ran for 12 weeks. I was a little worried because I flew back to PA to celebrate Easter with my family and friends and ate a lot on Saturday...ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, filling, cauliflower w/cheese, chocolate covered strawberries, and strawberry ice cream cake. I was a little worried as I didnt weigh myself over the weekend because it wouldnt have been the same as my scale at home. So here are my final results after 12 weeks...

SW: 150.2
CW: 127.8
Total inches lost: 12
Total weight lost: 22.4#

I ended up in first place and won $740! :smile:

Replies

• Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! What part of PA is your family from?
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Very exciting!! Congrats!!!!!
  • carom915
    carom915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's amazing congrats!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    New clothes, perhaps? Congrats!
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well done you !!!!
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Congrats!!! What did you do for exercise? Just curious :)
  • cmherb76
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! What part of PA is your family from?

Thank you!

We are from Central PA...Selinsgrove. Lived there for 30+ years and then moved to Cali 2 1/2 yrs ago!
  • cmherb76
    Options
    New clothes, perhaps? Congrats!

I started out in a 10 and am now in a 6! Yes, I have puchased some new clothes. We are heading on a cruise in 6 weeks and I actually purchased 2 - 2 pc. swimsuits (not string bikinis Lol)
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is really cool. You sure had great results. Very inspirational. WTG!!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats!
  • nayla1984
    nayla1984 Posts: 17
    Options
    YOU ROCK!
  • cmherb76
    Options
    Congrats!!! What did you do for exercise? Just curious :)

I actually started out only doing about 40 min on the treadmill daily for about 5 weeks and was losing an average of 2 lbs per week then I decided to start Insanity. Well...It did really help with toning up but I didnt lose any weight for 2 weeks. I did Insanity for 5 weeks but teh second place contestant was catxching up to me so then I knew I had to change my routine if I wanted to win so I went back to just doing cardio for the last two weeks. I was doing the treadmill in the morning for 45 min and in the evening for 45 min. In the last two weeks I lost 7 lbs total for the win. I was really dedicated to the contest. I worked out 6 days per week and also watched my calorie intake. I did not eat back all of my exercise calories and I did treat myself. In the end it was worth it!

I am not a runner but in the last two weeks I had the treadmill at a 4 incline and 3.7 mph and would walk for 4 min and then jog at 5mph for one min.
  • mwepner
    mwepner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Way to go. We did one at out work as well however I came in 2nd. So great job the money is just an added bonus i"m sure to how you feel! :-)
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I'm from Central PA too. About 45 minutes from Selinsgrove!

BTW, did anyone tell you that we are one of the only states who refer to our own state in its abbreviation? lol! I found that really funny. We always say "I'm from PA" but no one else uses the abbreviations for their states, and when referring to our state they usually spell out Pennsylvania.

Anywho, congrats fellow central PA-er!
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good Job, and great win! I need to convince my boss to have something like this at work. It would be great!
  • gonzamm
    gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ... hoping to follow in your footsteps.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Congratulations not just on the office victory.... :wink:
  • lemccarthy1962
    lemccarthy1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We started a BL compeition on 2/18/2013. There are 31 woman and one man. I also went home for Easter but was so busy cooking for all my family who have missed my food I didn't really eat much. I am proud to say that from weigh in last Monday to weigh in today I lost another 4lbs and am still in the lead over tha only guy by 1 pound (25lbs total today). We still have two weeks to go and he is going away on the weekend before the last weigh in.. is it wrong of me to hope he slips up? LOL... I am determined to win this as it was $5.00 to join and if you gain you have to pay a dollar a lb! So, the bank is getting pretty large!
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome stats! Even better that you won money too!
  • amynicole0410
    Options
    Good job!! Ours ends on Wednesday. Looks like I'm going to win it - from 152 to 128 this morning, on our scale in the office. WAY less money though.. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!