Im working on finding my proper calories

Options
I've used scoobysworkshop but It keeps giving me a different number

my stats:

Height 5"4 inches tall

CW: 176 pounds

Body fat 15% reduction

Activity level:

I am not sure what to put for this. I work out 3 days a week Tuesday, Thrusday, Sunday on the elliptical for 20 minuets, stationary bike for 5 minuets.

the other 2 days like today I just started 30 day shred level 1 on you tube. lasted 6 minuets. I added in a 1 mile walk 20 minuets.

the only day I don't work out is Saturday. I am thinking lightly active? someone told me a sedentary person does zero exercise?

is there an accurate calorie calculator

my first goal to reach is 165 pounds. I do mini goals once I reach I then access for the next one.

Replies

• denise8986
    denise8986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! i'm so getting angry. I'm not losing anything 3 people have tried to help me and it's still not working, thinking of lower my cal. intake just a bit, I just don't know what to do?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    A truly sedentary person does pretty much nothing...pretty much a sedentary person rolls out of bed and maybe walks to the other room to sit down on the couch.

If you're using the TDEE method, you'll want to include your exercise in your activity. The scooby calculator should be giving you the same number for the same activity level selected...if it's not, you are putting in your stats right.

For lightly active I get TDEE - 15% (reduction in calories BTW...not BF) = 1,796....that deficit would equate to a little over 1/2 Lb per week on average weight loss.

In RE to the activity level...just pick the one that most closely reflects your activity level...Scooby's 1-3 hrs light exercise will be light active, etc. Remember, it's all estimation...just pick one and start from there. You can adjust as you go along. My TDEE is between light active and moderate active...I just fiddled with my numbers a bit because I was losing faster than I wanted to...so I knew my calories were too low.

My two favorite calculators are Scooby and If It Fits Your Macros...IIFYM is much more detailed in the information input to come up with your TDEE...but it's still all an estimation, nothing is exactly XXX calories. You're stressing yourself too much about it...it's just an estimate.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Based on what you're currently doing, I'd say you're lightly active. You're doing about an hour total on the elliptical plus 31 minutes of additional. That to me would be 1-3 hours of light exercise.

I also came up with 1796 with a 15% calorie reduction. At the very least, make sure you're eating no less than your BMR (1537)

ETA: another thought on this is to go with your goal weight instead of your current weight so you could try 1740 instead (based on your initial goal of 165)
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    thanks that is a great idea. it makes total since to me. I was eating 700 calories under so I am trying to get me eating more