I'm an apple shape and I hate myself what should I do?

Options

Replies

• synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The only way I was able to start getting healthy was when I had the epiphany that my poor self image and body hatred was contributing to me abusing my body. I decided that even if I wasn't the shape I wanted to be, I would work on treating my body in a loving manner. Love yourself, and the rest will fall into place.
    awesome advice maybe even better profile pic!
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    just start doing some heavy lifting to get that booty, squats deadlifts and lunges.... anyones body will change when you get the right body fat % take it one day at a time and you will get where you wanna be
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I am as well but have learned that with healthy eating and exercise and toning I can be hourglass! Go get it!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I have the same shape but losing weight made my significantly smaller. I still have a belly.. but with the right clothes... apple isnt that bad.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You will lose inches from your waist although the hard part is that it may be the last place to come off. With perseverance though you can get there.

I'm pear/hourglass and wish I had the slim legs you apple ladies have! And my biggest area is my hips so guess what - that's the last place the inches come off. But I just did 30DS and did notice some loss in that area. I'm moving on to Ripped in 30 in the hope of seeing further results.

Fight those stubborn areas! ????
  • stayr
    stayr Posts: 2
    Options
    I know what you're saying! I'm 5'4 and 106lbs with a small waist, wider hips but skinny legs and arms, small breasts and a small butt. I always used hated my body because all I hear is 'real women have curves' and that small breasts and small butts are unattractive and skinny women are horrid and having visible bones is disgusting and having curves makes you a woman and people hate slim girls and so and so forth and it's awful! It's just genetics! I've grown to like my body but I wish I had more muscle! I've managed to transform my 16 inch thighs into 18 inch thighs which I'm pleased with. I've just got to battle against a very fast metabolism.

However I do believe that we should appreciate ourselves for how we are because there's nothing we can do about it and someone will always love you for who you are :) that and anyone really who cares what your body looks like isn't worth your time of day anyway!
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know you may feel like you have no shape, but it's there! I'm an apple shape, too. I gain all my weight in my stomach and chest.After losing 50 lbs, I've began to realize that I have more curves than I thought. Really focus on your health, though. At first I was focusing on my appearance, then realized that if I continue at the rate I was going, I would really suffer health wise. I started taking Zumba. It's really fun and a great workout! It helped me to slim down my midsection. I went from measurements of 40-38-44 to 36-32-38! Don't give up! And remember- you are beautiful just the way you are! :)
  • janineriggs
    Options
    Don't hate your baody firts thing is love yourself , second If you wnat to lose your hips you can do it, but you have to eat good and do work out...... So do at less 45 minutes of cardio try to walk until you hit 600 calories,...... cut as much salt and sugars as you can try alson drink lots of water don't eat any pork or beef for a while and you will see the change let me knnow...
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Stop hating your body.

I think if it were this simple, a lot of us wouldn't be on MFP.

OP, I'm the apple shape too. If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me if I was pregnant, well.. I'd have 15 cents. Still hurts.

:cry:
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I also have no booty....but no boobs....you win
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I thought I was an apple until I put my measurements in here http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

You can't change your body shape but you can get back down to a size you are happy seeing yourself at. You can also do exercises to balance your body out. Would you rather give up and look the same or keep working hard and look better? You can do squats, lunges and more to work your leg and but muscles. Will you magically grow a big bubble butt no, but you will lift and shape the one you have.

Use the hate you have for your body to motivate you to continue on your weight loss journey. I'm still not happy with the way my body looks but comparing my before and after. I'd take this body over what I had 11 lbs ago. I have a big belly but I have big everything else too. Walking and running has helped me slim my tummy. Other parts are slimming too but not as much as my tummy.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I thought I was an apple until I put my measurements in here http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

Oh great, now I am a banana?!? I thought I was an apple shape.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I understand. I have been an apple shape all my life. Actually now I am called and inverted triangle, not sure what sounds worse.
    Big boobs, short thick waist, narrow hips, flat butt, skinny legs.
    It got even worse when I gained 100 pounds over 20 yrs. Now I am at really high risk for Diabetes and heart disease. And I look pregnant!

Best thing I did before I gained my weight, was get into body building. Strengthened my legs and arms and found body parts that looked great! I never got the little bitty waist and hourglass figure, but I looked pretty dang good, and I was seriously strong.

I am down almost 50 pounds and yesterday I wore a belt! I actually had a little bit of a waist, and it looked kinda cute.

No, you can't change your body shape from an apple to a pear, but you can make the most of the body you have and embrace your strengths.
  • ajhugz
    Options

Oh great, now I am a banana?!? I thought I was an apple shape.

Rectangle/banana means your hips and bust and pretty much the same circumference and your waist is less than 9" smaller than your bust.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    If you lose enough weight you just kind of have no shape. You can't spot reduce fat, but you can target muscle groups to add mass in those places.I used to be kind of hourglass shaped but I hated having hips. I lost a good amount of weight and focused my workouts to be aimed for strength for my lower body but hypertrophy for my upper body. Now I'm "reverse triangle" shaped with a muscular upper body and lean hips and waist.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You are NOT apple shaped. You are HUMAN shaped.

I'm so tired of this fruit shape nonsense. >.<
  • ajhugz
    Options

If you don't like it stay out of the fruit shaped threads... Go be human shaped elsewhere!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options

If you don't like it stay out of the fruit shaped threads... Go be human shaped elsewhere!

lol, it was never that serious :)
  • ajhugz
    Options

lol, it was never that serious :)

Oh sorry... Humans welcome here :-)
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    if its any consolation, I heard that most fashion models are very skinny apples.

but it true, if you lose enough weight, you just kinda have no shape. The shape becomes more pronounced with every mass of fat gained