ketosis

Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
how long does it take someone to go into ketosis and anything a perason can do to spead up the process

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    ketosis is a medical "risk".

please consult your doctor before taking medical risk

http://www.webmd.com/diet/high-protein-low-carbohydrate-diets

I wish you a safe journey towards a healthy lifestyle
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I would think it would vary with each individual depending upon several different factors.
    I don't believe there is one, simple answer.
  • Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I"m thinking it's a few days??? It varies person to person, but it normally takes me a few days. Did you get the ketostix??
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think it usually takes me about 3 days. I am out as of this morning after eating some dessert yesterday... we'll see how many days it takes this time! :(
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    F ketostix..... keep your carbs at 30 grams and do an intense long pump workout..... you wanna burn all the glycogen out of your muscles as fast as possible... youll be in ketosis in a day or so

after a few days of 30G keep carbs at under 100... prepare to feel like crap for several weeks
  • jennydoesketo
    jennydoesketo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It took me less than two days (I use Ketostix). I have read that it can take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks. Good luck! :)
  • bushokie
    Options
    thank you everyone
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Ketoacidosis is a risk.

Ketosis is not.

They are different.

Two to three days is what it takes for me.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting your LC journey, I would say 48-72 hours. I find that if I'm in ketosis but at a birthday party and have a piece of cake etc. it'll only take 24hrs to get back to it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    how long does it take someone to go into ketosis and anything a perason can do to spead up the process

Alcohol
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options

Oh boy... Here we go again! :wink:
  • bushokie
    Options
    ketosis is a medical issue well so is being fat...and so far all i've seen is positive feedback on ketosis and all the research seems positive..
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Go here for really good information...

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Here is a link about ketosis diets. This is my opinion, but Keto diets are risky and should be avoided, unless you are under direct supervision of a competent physician...

http://www.lisajohnsonfitness.com/what-is-ketosis/
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ketosis is a medical issue well so is being fat...and so far all i've seen is positive feedback on ketosis and all the research seems positive..
    how about this:

eat less calories
    dont worry about ketosis

mad i know, pretty innovative and out there
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    how about this:

eat less calories
    dont worry about ketosis

Eat less calories, from the right foods... don't fight cravings and obsess about food. Also pretty simple.
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here is a link about ketosis diets. This is my opinion, but Keto diets are risky and should be avoided, unless you are under direct supervision of a competent physician...

http://www.lisajohnsonfitness.com/what-is-ketosis/

Your link is useless since this lady has no idea what she is talking about. "Instead of using carbohydrates for energy, the body will turn to its own fat stores and break them down for energy instead." What about all the calories you are still eating in the form of protein and fat? She makes it sound like you are starving yourself.

"I’ve also had the “pleasure” of experiencing the effects of a long-term ketonic diet. It happened when I was pregnant. At week 20 of my pregnancy, I could finally keep most of my food down. To give you some perspective, I ate a full meal on September 15 and my next full meal wasn’t until Thanksgiving Day." Having extreme morning sickness for 6 weeks isn't even close as an example of a ketosis diet or any other diet plan even.

She may be knowledgeable about pilates but her article give no information that is anywhere near credible.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    how about this:

eat less calories
    dont worry about ketosis

Eat less calories, from the right foods... don't fight cravings and obsess about food. Also pretty simple.
    this. i did the cambridge diet and kept worrying about ketosis. i lasted 6 weeks before i realised how stupid and short sighted it was. ive lost more weight counting calories and eating food i enjoy from all food groups then the fad diets ive done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!