I am looking for some more supportive friends

Hi Everyone,

I have just returned from a long break from MFP as I had a lot of major changes in my life. My relationship of 8 years broke down and I had to leave my life in Yorkshire UK to move back in with my parents in Merseyside UK, this meant loosing lots of friends and a job that I enjoyed. I moved back 5 months ago and I have been very lucky as I have an amazing family and have managed to find a good new job already, however all of these changes at the age of 31 have left me with anxiety and lowered self esteem.

That is why I am back on MFP. I have a plan for my life career wise now and from a relationship perspective what will be will be but I really need to do something to improve my daily mood, decrease my anxiety and improve my self esteem. Oh and I have around 3 stone to loose as well!

I am afraid that I am not always very motivated when it comes to exercise and healthy eating but I do enjoy going for long walks (and I think the fresh air may do me good) and I do like lots of fruit and veg in my diet, I just eat too much generally. Perhaps one day I will become really motivated like some of you amazing guys on here but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.

So I guess I am looking for friends who understand that I am feeling fragile and may have slip ups, I may not always log my food etc but I will always support you guys in return for a little friendship and support.

Replies

• jothedog
    jothedog Posts: 28 Member
    so sorry to hear you are going through a tough time, dont be too hard on yourself, just get mentally strong and the rest will work itself out :) xx
  • carplady
    carplady Posts: 36 Member
    I live in Cheshire, I've been on here since the beginning of Feb and still have about 3 stone to lose. I too have had to totally look at my diet and am now enjoying so many more fruits and veg and 18lb lighter :smile: just started to try exercise - don't enjoy it but got to get healthier

Im lucky I now have a wonderful husband with whom I've been with for 13 years but went through a difficult break up before that.

Im glad you've got a new job, one ticked off the list of things to change.

feel free to add me, my diary is open and I log on every day