How do you deal with the unhealthy eating of loved ones?

Options
I understand that not everyone can be on board with your own eating habits, and as much as you love your loved ones, and want what's best for them, the best you can do is just try and inspire them, I guess.

I've done so much, trying to stay active, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, get healthy. We've gotten rid of most of our canned stuff (the sodium content, ugh!) but it never fails that our cabinet is eventually filled with canned tuna, salmon, chicken! I mean honestly, the effort I put in to maintaining a healthy household, and my cat refuses to cooperate and will ONLY eat canned food! What gives?

How do you deal?

Replies

• littlebugs_momma
    Options
    I'm really desperate and frustrated here. I mean, I love her so much, she's been in my life for 12 years now and I just want her to be healthy. :( Canned goods are terrible for you! Just look at the label on a soup can!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    It's a cat.
    I don't care.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i rag on them till they tell me to shut up, lmao
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Your cat goes out into the forest and comes back with tins? My short tailed shrews would throw a feista!
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's a cat.
    I don't care.

April fools surely!
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don't know about cans, but I do know my vet really discourages eating loved ones.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    For one those are lean healthy proteins and second come on get real!

We all know who the enabler is here. Who is the one with a job? Who is the one who can drive? Who is the one with opposable thumbs?

YOU ARE! You are the one bringing the crap in the house and allowing your cat to get fat. Get real stop making excuses for the enabler you are.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes, "You can lead a cat to water, but you can't make them take a bath!"
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's obviously a unhealthy relationship. You need to leave her right away! She's probably jealous of your success and trying to sabotage you! If you are overweight you have to stay home and pet her all day. Don't give in!
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    I don't know about cans, but I do know my vet really discourages eating loved ones.

But only if they are UNHEALTHY loved ones. You can eat the healthy ones all you want.
  • HopefulLeigh
    Options

But only if they are UNHEALTHY loved ones. You can eat the healthy ones all you want.

I suppose that's true. I could always stop battering and deep frying them and just tenderize them before tossing them on the grill.
  • littlebugs_momma
    Options

:drinker:
  • littlebugs_momma
    Options

I suppose that's true. I could always stop battering and deep frying them and just tenderize them before tossing them on the grill.

33wveio.gif
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    CatPoptart_zps3743a711.jpg
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options

Saute in coconut oil.

33wveio.gif
  • HopefulLeigh
    Options

Saute in coconut oil.

33wveio.gif

Brilliant idea! Then after I grease the pan, I can give her a rub down and use the oil as a conditioner! Softer paws and firmer hind legs all in one!