Insanity Buddies!

Options

Replies

• HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity on Monday too! I usually run for my workouts and maybe through a Zumba workout in there sometimes. Lately I have felt like I've been in a funk so I decided to change it up and challenge myself.
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I loooove Insanity.
    It kills me and motivates me at the same time.
    I REAAAAALLY want to complete a workout with no breaks.
    this has not happened (I'm on my third week).

Insanity is great for following a fitness program!
    Hopefully you defeat your fit scores each time!
  • markymark2443
    Options
    I'm just completing week three, day 21. I have found it very tough, but if you really grit ur teeth you can come through it. You get an amazing sense of achievement and definitely start seeing results after about week two. I started by taking an extra 30 seconds rest a couple of times, but now I'm getting brought them much more easily. I started by trying to keep up with he guy in grey, but now I feel I'm not far off the girl at the front. This tells me I'm getting fitter. I'm not really bothered too much about losing weight as this is misleading anyway, just want to become more toned and fitter. It seems to be working. I've only just started drinking a recovery drink afterwards and a protein whey shake, so can't really say if that's made a difference. Trying to only have a couple of glasses of wine on a Saturday night. I think it's just as much about your mindset as anything else, good luck!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    finished second week today.. feel free to add me.. all of u! support is the best.. plus... im starting to hate shawn t so a kick in the butt will be nice! :laugh:
  • swimmommy12
    Options
    I am looking for Insanity buddies. I am looking to start tomorrow or Monday for a second time. I was half way through it when I fell last fall on a simple walk and banged myself up. I took the necessary time to heal (plus extra) and am now ready to restart. If you are starting in the next day or so, feel free to add me and we can do this together! The more the better :)
  • lovelylauz02
    lovelylauz02 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!! I'm starting on Monday and I CAN'T wait for the pain. This is my first time doing it, so I would LOve to have a veteran support me while I push play, and I would love to support you as well during your comeback!

I'm Lauren! thanks for posting. I'll be sending a friend request soon :)
  • sneha118
    sneha118 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have started insanity and I can't get past week 1!! I really need insanity buddies! I hear that it does work...we just need to stick to it! Feel free to add me! I am going to be re-starting tomorrow!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    was anyone else so sore after the first day they could barely walk. I can't believe how sore my calves are they hurt like never before. I have been working out with jullian and Jackie warner for a year and running for 5months . But this insanity was killer.
  • takahiroki
    takahiroki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    was anyone else so sore after the first day they could barely walk. I can't believe how sore my calves are they hurt like never before. I have been working out with jullian and Jackie warner for a year and running for 5months . But this insanity was killer.

My calves were definitely sore during the first week, after about day 3 I really noticed it when getting up in the morning and trying to walk around, but it doesn't last. I had anticipated the soreness after reading about others experiences prior to starting, but just as they said, the soreness is obvious the first week, but after that it goes away. I'm in week three and I never feel sore anymore.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have completed a few rounds of Insanity. I have also completed Insanity the Asylum. Insanity is a tough program. Don't expect to keep up with them, you will get there eventually. I am here for encouragment and advice. Add me if you'd like!
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    I am starting Insanity! on Monday. It will be our 3rd 9 week session in the past year.
    I would say one tip that I haven't seen on here yet is to get at least 1 friend that is motivated to workout with you daily. Someone who will show up everyday and motivate you. The DVD is only so encouraging, but Shaun T can't see you standing there while he's working and sweating. However, if your buddy is laying it all out and you're taking a siesta it "should" motivate you to get back in quicker and stay stronger.

Best of Luck!!
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Completed my fitness test today. I felt like I got hit by a train and I LOVE it! Good luck to everyone who has started or starts today. :)
  • MdotSole
    MdotSole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my last couple of weeks of Insanity!!! My biggest word of advice is to just stick with it. Some days I'm pumped and energized, some days I dread pressing play because my energy level is so low. I was in the worse shape of my life when I began, and I'm not going to say that Im going blow for blow with the cast on the DVD but I can at least say I'm getting in on a piece of every set now. I went nearly three weeks without results, but then it seemed like one day I woke up and things just changed overnight. In my 8th week now I'm down 20lbs and 4 inches off my waist. Press PLAY!

I'm always looking forward to meeting positive people. Anyone looking to give/receive support please feel free to add me! Good day.
  • Southern_Cross_Girl
    Southern_Cross_Girl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great post! I'm going to start a 6 week boot camp but after that this has totally tempted me to do Insanity!
  • jenner_baby
    Options
    I also have insanity, thinking to start it after I finish my Lesmill Cambat workouts :) Its ruff but I felt so great when I did it a while back.
  • BRYG420
    BRYG420 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey! I have the Insanity set as well and am looking for a workout buddy! How far into the workout are you?
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today! I'm so excited to see what kind of results it gives me. I've been falling off the wagon a lot lately and I feel like having such a structured, consistent plan will help me a lot. Plus, I get so pumped up by the Intensity of it all - nothing better than that beast feeling!

I started last week and got two days in before I injured myself (my life is pathetic - I wrecked my knee running into a bed and couldn't even use the stairs for a day!) but I'm all recuperated and ready to go.

If anyone else wants to add me, we can do this together! The more the merrier!

And thanks to everyone who has posted their advice/personal experience with Insanity. All great tips :)
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today! I love insanity so far. Feel free to add me, whoever! :flowerforyou:
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    That is awesome. The combo of MFP and Insanity will give you amazing results if you stick to it. I made it through my 1st week and I love it. It is tough but just do what you can. Good luck. Friend me if you like so we can support each other
  • jessgroppe
    Options
    Hi all. Day 1 Fit Test of Insanity today! My back is kind of sore, but otherwise, this is gonna be great, but super hard! Def need some encouragement when the workouts get really difficult.

Question --- does anyone know the best way to log the Insanity workouts in MFP? I think I have to estimate calories burned based on age, etc. especially since I really dislike heart rate monitors.

I'm also starting my 3rd week of MFP and already lost just under 4 pounds. My goal is 10 pounds by end of May, so I am well on my way and kind of addicted to MFP -- keeps you soooo honest!