Get Running (Couch to 5k) iPhone App

Options
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried this app? How would you rate it? I read about it on Mashable so thought I'd give it a try. I'm a complete beginner to running, I've always HATED it and avoided it at all costs but I'm determined to master it this time round!

I think the reason I used to avoid it and hate it so much was because I have big boobs! I never appreciated the miracle that is a great sports bra! I used to hate jumping jacks too, but now I have a decent SB I don't get anywhere near as tired/irritated by them.

The app also speaks to you during training and for the first lessons it's like a 5 mins brisk walk warm up, then 1 min running, 1:30 brisk walking like 8 times over, followed by a 5 min warm down.

Replies

• tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use an app to help keep me on track. It's great! It tells you when to walk, when to run and keeps track of which days you have completed.
  • michaelwear7
    Options
    I use it and it works great. I also run endomondo for a better way of tracking things like HR and what not. It works great and the intervals are all preset. You can pick your motivation voice, I seem to enjoy the zombie guy. It's only a couple bucks and does the trick. Also will voice over commands over your music if you listen to music when running.

Starts out nice and slow, I haven't ran in 5 years and I'm on week 6 now and compared to when I started it's been a good process. Just make sure to give yourself a day of rest between each one.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I didn't use the app - I used the NHS's podcasts instead - but I found the C25K programme really worked for me. I hated running too and couldn't run for three minutes at 9km/h on the treadmill without hyperventilating. I really enjoy it now though and run all the time. I have also recently signed up to do a marathon (I am still trying to decide whether I am mad) and on Saturday I run a 25 and a half minute 5k at 12km/h mostly on the treadmill - something that I never would have been able to do before. I would highly recommend it. Let us know how you get on :)

Ax