Good morning!

Options
sbacon1203
sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
Well I started my journey Jan 7th and it has been a wonderful experience.

Advice you get from people is after you lose 10lb is go to the store and carry two 5lb bags of potatoes and walk a little bit to see how heavy it is. Then you hit 20lb and now pick up two 10lb bags of potatoes and walk a bit and oh my!! After 23 weeks I have lost 54lb. Well last night I was watching my 3 youngest grandkids and thought I wander what they weigh so I had Lani (the one in this picture) the 5 year old go & weigh herself and guess what she weighed 54 lbs so I thought I’m going to have her stand on the bed and have her get on my back piggyback and tried to walk OH MY GOSH :noway: ! I couldn’t believe it, I took about 10 steps and said “I give” it was unbelievable!! I feel really successful! I wanted to share this with you. Have a great day :drinker:

24167.png

Replies

• sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well I started my journey Jan 7th and it has been a wonderful experience.

Advice you get from people is after you lose 10lb is go to the store and carry two 5lb bags of potatoes and walk a little bit to see how heavy it is. Then you hit 20lb and now pick up two 10lb bags of potatoes and walk a bit and oh my!! After 23 weeks I have lost 54lb. Well last night I was watching my 3 youngest grandkids and thought I wander what they weigh so I had Lani (the one in this picture) the 5 year old go & weigh herself and guess what she weighed 54 lbs so I thought I’m going to have her stand on the bed and have her get on my back piggyback and tried to walk OH MY GOSH :noway: ! I couldn’t believe it, I took about 10 steps and said “I give” it was unbelievable!! I feel really successful! I wanted to share this with you. Have a great day :drinker:

24167.png
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success.:drinker:
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    wow... food for thought! thanks!

Good Luck! :heart:
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    What an amazing job you've done!
    Congratulations on your success
    :flowerforyou:
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wow , really you are an inspiration !!!!! I am so happy for you .... i can only hope that all of my work can be as benificial as yours is !!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

You are an inspiration! Congratulations and have an awesome day!!

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
    M
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    wow, 54 lbs is AMAZING! even though my over loss goal is to lose 59lbs, I still can't even imagine what it would be like to be more than 50 lbs lighter! you are doing amazingly! :flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    way to go :drinker: 40 + lbs here going for 54 lbs
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful! My daughter is only like 24 lbs but I can't wait to be able to say that. Maybe I can pick up my dog when I am done.:flowerforyou:

69451.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

1st Goal: Pre-preg 165 by 8/1/08
    2nd Goal: Hubby's birthday by 10/4/08 (VEGAS!)
    Ultimate Goal: Size 6
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome way to put your weight loss into perspective.
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome way to put your weight loss into perspective.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    That is great!:flowerforyou: Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!