I love it here! Introducing myself..

Options
rsdotson
rsdotson Posts: 29 Member
Hi all! I'm Rachel!

I have struggled with my weight for about 13 years now. My huge wake up call was my new doctor telling me that I was on the way to big health problems caused by my being overweight, one being diabetes. Diabetes scares me to death because I lost my grandmother to diabetes. I had never gotten the chance to meet her. I recently got married and my family is growing bigger and bigger. I couldn't imagine my life being cut short because of health problems that I could try and help prevent right now while I can. I want to see my family grow and be able to run around with my grandkids one day (even though that will be a while from now, I'm 21!) I have tried different weight loss techniques but I never had the willpower to keep going because there would be times when the scale didn't move either way. I think now is the time that I keep going... life is too short!

I absolutely love this site and the app from MFP. I love how you get to see what your friends are doing to better their health and encourage them to keep going. The way the app/site is structured will keep me coming back!

Speaking of friends, do not hesitate to add me/message me. I want to be able to help other people in their weight loss journey as well!

Replies

• bellyboosmom
    bellyboosmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am rather new myself, and absolutely LOVE it here. I have sent you a friend request. I look forward to encouraging each other on this journey to good health :happy:
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    MFP is very sure where you want to be. good luck and everyone here is very supportive. the stories and journeys are amazing. there are so many people here that are doing a fabulous job of getting fit and healthy.
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My grandfather has diabetes so I can understand the feeling. I definitely want to be around for awhile so I am trying to be healthy and positive. It is a wonderful journey and you will be surprised how strong you are! Anyone can feel free to add me. I log everyday and give advice and encouragement as much as possible. :)
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I was Pre-Diabetic last August when I went to the doc. She said either lose weight or start taking meds and I didn't want to take meds. Went in again in Nov and numbers were a lot lower and no longer in pre-diabetic range. It was a wake up call for me. I just made me realize that I can't relax on this. That factor will always be there so I have to get healthy and stay there for good.
  • lesleyt1982
    lesleyt1982 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi hun,
    i've been here since jan 2012 and managed to hit my first goal weight (set to hit in a year) in 4months and felt great. i am a nurse and knowing what i know i don't know how i let myself get the way i did. i feel so much better now.

I started at a weight 0f 92kg or 202lbs. and managed to get to 70kg.

i currently am struggling a little and have gained some but determined to change that . need to get a good beasting. i want to get down to a ultimate goal weight of 140lbs (10 st).

will add u too my friends, i always have my diary on view. plz comment and hope u have urs on view too. i log every day but sometimes only via my phone as work long day so can't always get on site.

lokk forward to being ur friend.
  • rsdotson
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcomes everyone! :)
  • BeingAFitFoodie
    BeingAFitFoodie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations on joining! :) I am new here as well, just joined today, and you can definitely add me if you'd like. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • susan749
    susan749 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for the past few weeks. I think it is one of the easiest ways to log calories and exercise. How does MFP come to how many calories a person needs to use to lose weight? I hope to log in to give and receive inspiration and encouragement
  • rsdotson
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have accepted all requests! The more the merrier, right?
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP!!!! everyone here has been so great to me...i am sure you will love it here too
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me you can't have too much support xx
  • rsdotson
    Options
    Had fallen off the wagon here as of late, but looking to get back into it!

Anyone can add me! I will be hanging around! I can't stop now, and it bothers me that I even fell off the wagon in the first place! Now that is saying something!