Morning People

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
what time do you get up to workout/go to the gym?

I am up at 4am, to the gym by 5am

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    5-6 PM. I honestly lose about 10-20 lbs on most lifts by working out first thing in the morning.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 4:15. I try to get up and around and in the basement to start my workout no later than 5. My husband is up at 4, out the door at 4:45 to be at the gym when it opens at 5.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I hate mornings. :grumble:

I have to be at work at 5:30 am. I think I'd murder someone if I woke up at 3:30 to work out.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    When I was active duty I would wake up between 3:45 and 4:00 and get to the gym around 5:00. Now I am up around 8 and at the gym 9 or 9:30.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Most days I can't even be bothered to get to work before 10:30am. I don't understand this "morning" you speak of...
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5am, out the door for the gym by 5:30am.
  • kcworkingdiver
    Options
    When I had a treadmill at home I would do it between 5 and 6 am weekdays - now I joined the gym and it is not open before work - so I go home, eat a decent dinner, rest for 30 minutes and watch the news and then go work out. When I started at the gym I would go right after work but would get so hungry I would rush through my work out - this way I am more relaxed knowing I don't have to cook and eat when I get home. I also won't eat anything else once I get home from the gym, just water as don't want to undo my great day and feel accomplished. Just little tips that keep me motivated.
  • NancyYMCA
    NancyYMCA Posts: 18
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 a.m., to teach a 45 min. spin class at my YMCA at 5:15. I also teach classes at night. There's not very many there that early in the morning. But honestly...if I'm not teaching, my butt isn't out of the bed before 6:30 a.m.! But the weird part...I feel TONS better working out in the morning. My whole day is better.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Most days I can't even be bothered to get to work before 10:30am. I don't understand this "morning" you speak of...

:ohwell:

Call me Jelly.
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    Used to be in the gym when in opened at 5am but now it's Insanity in the basement at 5am. Feel great all day
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:15, Usually at the gym and beginning cardio by 4:40.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30/5:45am to get to work. I tried working out in the AM but I CANNOT get up at 4am regularly.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 a.m. so I can get 45-60 mins in for a workout before I have to wake up my son and hubby for school and work.