What's your favorite healthy meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• TahoeHealthGuy
    Options
    Kung Pao Chicken Tacos! (Calories: 418 per serving)

6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
    3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
    1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    1 1/2 tablespoons honey
    1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
    2 teaspoons rice vinegar
    1 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
    1 large garlic clove, minced
    3 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
    3/4 cup diagonally sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
    8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    1/3 cup sliced green onions
    1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    4 lime wedges
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    vegetable stuffed omelet, a smoothie, apple slices and peanut butter, or oatmeal :) sorry its all breakfast food, but i pretty much eat breakfast for every meal
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sauted onion and zucchini with quinoa and a protein side (usually chicken breast or lean pork).
    I like simple, filling, but tasty meals :-)
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas, thanks everyone

I have to add that shrimp kabobs are my favorite. I like to load them up with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms in italian dressing, and sometimes we throw some steak on them too. YUM
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    and I was just kidding about the cat of course lol just figured with all the cat posts today Id add my two cents :bigsmile: What can I say its a slow day at work hahahah
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I dont get home from work until about 7:30pm so I'm always looking for something fast.

- Scrambled eggs with lots of onions and sweet bell peppers, and a serving on Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties. If I'm really hungry I'll microwave some cut up red potatoes with some Ranch Dressing powdered sprinkled on them.

- Sauteed shrimp (using Land O Lakes Sautee Express) over brown rice, and fresh steamed broccoli or cauliflower.

- Lemon chicken (microwaved of course) with basmati rice and steamed vegetables.

- Steel cut oatmeal with cut up fruit and an ounce of chopped walnuts

- A bowl (2 servings) of Honey-Nut Cheerios.

- During the summer, my all time favorite meal is 2 fresh corn on the cob with a fresh sliced tomato, and then I throw in an ounce of some really good cheese for some protein (I love a good aged cheddar).
  • patinaragazza
    patinaragazza Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pureed Cauliflower and garlic with Parmesan (taste like mashed potatoes--half the calories and carbs)
    Steamed Asparagus with salt and pepper
    Seared Tuna steak

One of my favorite healthy meals!
  • healthyskinnystrong
    Options
    Baked potato, roasted chicken and lots and lots of veg (carrots, sweetcorn, parsnips, peas, bell peppers, anything) - that's my absolute favourite, simple is best! I love mixing diced up chicken with brown rice, baby corn, baby carrots, peppers and onions as well c:
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I made a delicious wrap the other day that is definitely going to be one of my staples. I put a half of a cut up a chicken breast, a mix of 1% cottage cheese and salsa (4 tbsp each), and 1/4 cup of raw spinach into a whole grain 8" tortilla wrap. It was super filling and yummy. You could put any other vegetables you want into it too.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    huge sirloin and a baked sweet potato.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Bourbon Salmon with broccoli and sugar snap peas.
  • PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    pototaes
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Spicy Kra Prow (Spicy!) It's basically Thai chicken stir-fry with a kick of heat, and I add a cup of broccoli florets too.
    :love:
    Sauteed fresh ground chilies, garlic, onions, bell peppers, green beans, grilled skinless chicken breast chunks, and basil. YUM!!!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love eggs for breakfast and home made soups and chili for lunch and dinner.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    sushi and bacon :D

*mouth open*

I have this very thing listed on my profile.

ETA: Forgot to help lol

http://pinterest.com/alishacupcake/cook-it-healthy/
    http://pinterest.com/alishacupcake/cook-it-healthy-crock-pot-style/
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    6 oz. Roast chicken, a crown of steamed broccoli, and 5-6 oz. of sweet potatoes. Play with spices like curry and it can really change it up.

1/2 cup pasta, and 2 chicken sausages, tossed with sauteed pepper, onion, and spinach

1/2 cup quinoa, lemon juice, chilis, and 6 oz. sauteed shrimp.

Brown rice spicy rolls, add 1/2 chopped avocado

Yummy yummy.