i need help

Options
I'm a mother of two very small children (20 months and 7 months) and a simlpe dog sarg. my fience doesnt help i "he loves me the way i am " and thats all well and good but i am so unhappy. He doesnt get it, im a chocoholic and that was his thing he always brought me sweets and now that i am trying to loose weight he doesnt feel like hes showing his love bring me the snacks that makes me happy. i tell him every so often but he takes that as just not as much. i just wish that i had more people on team adrienne and i wasnt my cheerleader captin and coah :-/

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    it'll be ok. You can do it! have you asked him to bring you other sweets? there are all kinds of sweet treat recipes on this site. pick a couple out and ask him to bring you those :smile: we're here for you
  • aradiaangel
    Options
    While I don't have any advice, I still wanted to tell you that you're not alone. It's hard to be motivated when the people you love are unintentionally sabotaging you. I guess that is what this site is for, so that we can be your cheerleaders! You can do it, Fight Fight Fight!
  • kwelborn2873
    Options
    Instead of bring you treats to show he loves you how about putting the babies in the stroller and taking a walk. You two can spend that time talking about your days and getting exercise at the same time. It will also be a way your boyfriend can support you in your weightlose. Then after your walk he can show his love for you by rubbing your feet or something.LOL
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can suggest some healthy snacks that he can start bringing you so that he still feels like he is treating you to something sweet. You could suggest your favorite fruit or something like that.:smile: You could also let him know that the best gift he can give you right now is supporting you in your choice to get healthy and live a better life for him and your children. My husband used to tell me all the time that he loved me the way I was with all my curves. I was 43lbs heavier and miserable. Now that I have lost 43, his attitude about it has changed. He is definitely excited in all the changes (and improvements) my body has made. :bigsmile: He has even started working out with me. I think you should just give him some time to adjust. Hopefully he will come around. I know how it feels to be the only one rooting for yourself, but a lot of times its that way in the beginning. Fortunately after a while your energy and enthusiasm will be contageous. I have my husband, mom, little brother and best friend working out with me and making healthy choices. Six months ago when I started this they could have all cared less. There are days when you feel alone and that's wht MFP is for; there is always someone here to talk to!:wink:
    Good Luck!
  • sarita_em
    sarita_em Posts: 3
    Options
    It is very difficult when nobody supports you, but the only coach you need is yourself and your will power. Tell him how important is for you to lose weight, no to make him love you even more, but for you to have a better health and image. He has to understand that instead of buying you chocolate and sweets, flowers and no-food gifts are another healthy option to show his love.
    But take it serious or he won't believe you, I mean, if you say I'm on a diet but he sees you cheating every other day, he would not think that losing weight is a serious thing and he will keep coming with treats.

Other option is that you DO NOT HAVE to eat those sweets, just give them to your neighbour/mum/friends/postman or whoever!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its good he loves you as you are, but have you sat down and had a serious talk with him about what your goals are and you need this help?