What was your first cat?

Options
WinnerVictorious
WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
two identical black kittens. named them Xerox and Ditto.

Replies

• CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    A black kitten and torite kitten. Sisters. Named Snuggles and Cuddles. I was 9.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Awwwwww!!

I had an orange tabby named Chucky. He got run over by a car when he was only a few months old. Sad Dana. :cry:

Then a few years later I had twin kittens named Piddle and Poddle. I gave Poddle to my friend and kept Piddle. Piddle got run over by a car when he was still a kitten, too. Sad Dana again. :sad:

Dana learned that maybe she shouldn't have pets. Or cats, at least.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    A black kitten with a white dot on it's forehead. I named it starlight because of that. It's mom was a Siamese cat that almost had the same name as me.

Starlight also got ran over by my neighbor (because it was sleeping under the tire).
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The first cats that were actually mine were two tabbys named Pippi Longstocking and Buddha. I came home from school one day and my stepdad had taken them to the pound because after a whole two weeks they weren't fully litter trained yet. I never forgave him.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

Awwwwww!!

I had an orange tabby named Chucky. He got run over by a car when he was only a few months old. Sad Dana. :cry:

Then a few years later I had twin kittens named Piddle and Poddle. I gave Poddle to my friend and kept Piddle. Piddle got run over by a car when he was still a kitten, too. Sad Dana again. :sad:

stay away from magnetized cats. they will break your heart. :frown: :flowerforyou:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Two identical brothers - gingers. They were called Charlie & Arthur

They used to go off scavenging the neighbourhood together and came home with a variety of stuff including:

A ladies leather glove
    A string of 3 raw sausages
    a great number of mice - Arrhhh

Unfortunately, being toms they started to spray around the house and the day my daughter was stood looking in the mirror brushing her hair and they both sprayed up her leg........................they were ancient history..............

I like cats...but.........:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    A black and white tuxedo cat named Jerry Garcia (He had black and white fur and was fat). I still miss him and he's been gone almost 16 years.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    why did i read that as car?

My first cat was a siamese cat I named Samantha. Our neighbor didn't like her because she was noisy. She was a siamese and turned out she had tumors on her ovaries. We got her fixed and back then it was the thing to get the cats declawed. So we got her declawed. Now there is no way i would do that.

Neighbor kept kicking her out of the house and Samantha kept coming into our yard. She climbed into the back of our van the day we were leaving to go to my grand mothers funeral. That was the start of a wonderful long friendship with my first kitty. She slept in bed with me under the covers every single night.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Two gray kittens- Samson and Delilah. I was only three though, and I accidentally killed Samson when I squeezed him too hard. Delilah ran away the day she went into heat- opened the door and she was outta there.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My first cat was a tortoiseshell cat named Tiger, the only survivor from a bag of kittens I rescued from the canal when I was 17. She was a tiny little thing and never grew very big, but she loved to bully the dog (a doberman).
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    He was a white kitty named Mr. Boots, or so I'm told; I was too young to remember him very much.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i grew up on a farm, and we always had tons of cats around. naming them was a chore, and i was like 5. we had many whities, snowballs, pinky, blacky, midnights. very original. but the first cat i really remember being mine was Stripey. he was a big tabby, and his ears had frozen off during a winter. but i loved him.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Awwwwww!!

stay away from magnetized cats. they will break your heart. :frown: :flowerforyou:

Oh, my poor wittle magnetized kittehs. How I miss them so...
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    A rescue tabby. My 3 year old sister was given the job of naming her, so ended up with the name Cat-Cat.
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A Humane Society special -- a brown tabby named Mister. I had her for a little over 17 years and loved her very much. :)
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Lollipop, i got her when i was 10, she died when i was 25, and shes the reason i now prefer dogs. :smile:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Seriously.. With so much 'cat' on the forums today I almost replied to the 'what was your first car' thread with my first cat.

Then I saw all the pictures of cars, and I was like "BORING!" Thanks for making this one.

My first cat: Long haired cat named Shaggy.

Then a calico named Cali.

My cat now isliving at my mom's house her name is Mariah. She was a stray that wondered to our house when I was in 7th grade my mom went outside to see what my dog was barking at. At 4 in the morning, this tiny little kitten was just walking directly at our dog. Not scared at all. My mom got the dog brought her in because she thought it was a skunk.

The next day, I was looking out my bedroom window and just calling "here kitty kitty kitty" she popped her head out from under an old truck we had sitting behind out house and I ran down to her. She came right up to me and walked and twirled between my legs.. like most cats do. She was so small most likely not even 8 weeks old and she must have been so scared. My mom and I brought her upstairs and while we were feeding her, our pitbull who hated cats ran at her. Mariah hissed and batted at her. Lila, the pitbull stopped dead in her tracks. They were best friends ever since. : )
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Dixie, I think I was 11. he turned in to a huge fat black and white cat who scared the electrician :laugh: he died when I was in uni. :sad: but he lived a very happy life :bigsmile:
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My family already had several cats when I was born - several torties and a few siamese mixes. The first cat that was actually mine that I adopted as an adult is a turkish angora (white/orange) named Conrad, and I swear he's more like a dog than a cat.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Happy April Fool's Day. :wink:

sneaky_cat.gif